Pokemon black 2 crash

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Exophase
Re: Pokemon black 2 crash

Post by Exophase » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 pm

beansta wrote:For some reason i was getting weird freezes until i turned on 16 bit rendering. (White 2) havent had a freeze since.
Is this on Lollipop?

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Exophase wrote:
beansta wrote:For some reason i was getting weird freezes until i turned on 16 bit rendering. (White 2) havent had a freeze since.
Is this on Lollipop?
No im running CM11 (Kitkat)
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:06 pm

beansta wrote:No im running CM11 (Kitkat)
Do you know if you're using updated Adreno GPU drivers, or the ones that come with KitKat? We've encountered problems on Lollipop that appear limited to Adreno so probably driver related, and they're related to texture update (16-bit gets around it)

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Exophase wrote:Is auto-trim on? If not try turning it on. Lordus says he can't reproduce this, but I know there have been issues with 512MB ROMs on some devices that are mitigated if you trim.

It's also possible that it's an issue which doesn't happen with a different ROM, either because of some compatibility issue (although I have no idea what would be different between them) or because the ROM is just broken or corrupt.
For me, turning off "ignore gamecard limit" fixed the said problem. I don't know what that option does anyways. Should have left it alone. :P

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:56 pm

zeroobligation wrote:For me, turning off "ignore gamecard limit" fixed the said problem. I don't know what that option does anyways. Should have left it alone. :P
Yeah, that makes sense.

What that option does is makes it so that the gamecard accesses don't wrap around based on the gamecard size in the ROM header. This is needed for some ROM hacks that make the game larger than what this value says. But other games use the wrap around to check for older flashcarts and they fail. That's probably what happened for you.

If anyone else has that option on turn it off.

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:03 pm

Exophase wrote:
Do you know if you're using updated Adreno GPU drivers, or the ones that come with KitKat? We've encountered problems on Lollipop that appear limited to Adreno so probably driver related, and they're related to texture update (16-bit gets around it)
Yeah i am...this would explain y 16 bit rendering just works (and there isnt much of a colour difference, so i can live with it)
Devices running Android:

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:42 pm

beansta wrote:
Exophase wrote:
Yeah i am...this would explain y 16 bit rendering just works (and there isnt much of a colour difference, so i can live with it)
I updated the beta today (build 62), could you please test if that fixes the performance issues for you when using 32-bit rendering?

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:07 am

Lordus wrote: I updated the beta today (build 62), could you please test if that fixes the performance issues for you when using 32-bit rendering?
can't vouch for others but in my case, with a device running lollipop with an adreno chip, pokemon black 2 wouldn't even start in build 61 but build 62 seems to be fine so far. thanks.

beansta

Post by beansta » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:41 am

Build 62 seems fine so far (havent tried white 2, but heartgold works just great :) )
Devices running Android: