New version, maybe?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Fefo
Re: New version, maybe?

Post by Fefo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Human readable as in what? .txt file? That would explain lack of folders now.

Just added a random XP x128 from your usrcheat.dat, which I can easily test and change to x64 or something so I can confirm the lack or not of editing.

It goes back to the custom cheat menu, but nothing is saved, not even random crap. Toogling activation and name lenghts made no difference. 111222 cheat had the same behavior.

EO3(U) - ID BJ3E C5CCAACD

5204AEC4 EBFF3B91
0204AEC8 E1A04380
D2000000 00000000
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Is there any file in the 'cheats' folder after you save one?

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:12 pm

Cheats folder is there, empty.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Lordus wrote:Yes, it's 57.
Ok thanks can you tell me what is new in build 59 and 58 (if 58 even exists?)
I have build 59 is it the last beta
Theres no update option in Google Play so i guess it is but just want to be sure

Oh and before you release the new final version can you add an option to enable and disable fog just like in other nds emulators just so we dont have to wait for the next version to have this option xD

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Android Fan wrote:
Lordus wrote:Yes, it's 57.
Ok thanks can you tell me what is new in build 59 and 58 (if 58 even exists?)
I have build 59 is it the last beta
Theres no update option in Google Play so i guess it is but just want to be sure

Oh and before you release the new final version can you add an option to enable and disable fog just like in other nds emulators just so we dont have to wait for the next version to have this option xD
59 as per jan 31
Behold my mighty

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Lordus wrote:
zeroobligation wrote:Hi, Just wanted to report that in build 59, the simulate touchscreen with right analogue doesn't crash DraStic anymore, but it still doesn't seem to work like it used to, i.e., games don't respond to right stick input much at all. :/
I am not sure what's happening there. The code for this feature hasn't changed at all since it was first added, and it works fine here with any device and controller i am testing on.

Ohh, weird, because I have several different devices running different versions of Android, paired with several different controllers, yet still they all exhibit the same problem here. :? I have gone as far as doing a factory reset, flashing different ROMs and reinstalled DraStic from the Play Store, but nothing works. It's a bit discouraging to learn that I am the only one encountering this issue. The game I am testing the touchscreen simulation with is Metroid Prime Hunters; can anyone on the forum check to see that it's working for them? I am at my wit's end here. :cry:

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:46 pm

zeroobligation wrote: Ohh, weird, because I have several different devices running different versions of Android, paired with several different controllers, yet still they all exhibit the same problem here. :? I have gone as far as doing a factory reset, flashing different ROMs and reinstalled DraStic from the Play Store, but nothing works. It's a bit discouraging to learn that I am the only one encountering this issue. The game I am testing the touchscreen simulation with is Metroid Prime Hunters; can anyone on the forum check to see that it's working for them? I am at my wit's end here. :cry:
I found a potential problem and made some changes, could you try if it works for you in the new beta (build 60)?
Fefo wrote:Cheats folder is there, empty.
Could you also try the new beta, please, and let me know if you get any error message.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Same cheat as before:

- With my custom database as default: "couldn't load the cheat database". Ok, but why should one interfere with the other?

- With default cheat database: "wrong format". More on that later;

- 11111111 22222222 one-liner: works fine;

- Pasting it directly on the .cht file: works fine. However I pasted it like here, a 3-line cheat, and when i view it on Drastic it shows as a huge one-liner (the file is unchanged). This must be the "wrong format" reason. Better fix this since every single cheat uses this format and it would be a huge annoyance to edit one by one, some being over 30 lines long.

It's kinda basic, but it works. Do you always need to enter the "cheat menu" to toggle it? Please add a checkbox to that.

Also what are the rules for the .cht file? Just change a .txt file to .cht, name it like the ROM and add:

[cheatname]+
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

?

---

Changed DraStic usrcheat.dat back to mine and the custom cheats disappeared. Why they interact?
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:54 pm

Fefo wrote:- With my custom database as default: "couldn't load the cheat database". Ok, but why should one interfere with the other?
They shouldn't and I don't see anything in the code that'd cause this, but I have to see if it's something specific in Lordus's cheat handling for Android. I can also try it on other platforms to see if this happens.
Fefo wrote:Also what are the rules for the .cht file? Just change a .txt file to .cht, name it like the ROM and add:

[cheatname]+
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
Yes. Or remove the + to disable it.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:34 pm

Fefo wrote: - Pasting it directly on the .cht file: works fine. However I pasted it like here, a 3-line cheat, and when i view it on Drastic it shows as a huge one-liner (the file is unchanged). This must be the "wrong format" reason. Better fix this since every single cheat uses this format and it would be a huge annoyance to edit one by one, some being over 30 lines long.
The fact that it's displayed in one line has nothing to do with the format error, it was just a side effect of a change I made to the text box, but it should display correctly again in the new beta (61).
Please try if you still get the format error, though.
Fefo wrote: It's kinda basic, but it works. Do you always need to enter the "cheat menu" to toggle it? Please add a checkbox to that.
You can toggle it now by clicking, just as you can with the cheats from the database. You'll still get to the edit screen (to delete a cheat, for example) by long-clicking.