DrasTIc for symbian

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
sleep04
DrasTIc for symbian

Post by sleep04 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Hello guys, just asking if there is a possibility to port the drastic emulator on symbian belle devices? Many symbian users from the symbian community were hoping for this port. We are very thankful if this will be happened. More power to drastic, the one and only king of ds emulator for android devices.

beansta

Re: DrasTIc for symbian

Post by beansta » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Wont happen.

Unless symbian is now being released for actual powerful hardware it wont be possible
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:05 am

beansta wrote:Wont happen.

Unless symbian is now being released for actual powerful hardware it wont be possible
or if someone ports/flashes symbian over to an android phone... wouldn't that be nice? had been a supporter of symbian but yeah...
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:16 am

'Sides, Symbian's an ass to develop for anyway, or so I heard. While I do see that some people still have and use an S60 phone, I don't think it's worth the try to port Drastic to it considering it has been deprecated, and as we all know, overshadowed by, well, you know.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:55 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:'Sides, Symbian's an ass to develop for anyway, or so I heard. While I do see that some people still have and use an S60 phone, I don't think it's worth the try to port Drastic to it considering it has been deprecated, and as we all know, overshadowed by, well, you know.
Also I doubt there are many ARMv7 symbian devices IIRC. Even though drastic can run on x86 and ARMv6 its slower, and a symbian device would be like trying to run Drastic on a qualcomm MSM7225 chipset lol