Jetson TK1

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
deeluna
Jetson TK1

Post by deeluna » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Alright first I would like to say this is my first post on these forums. Moving on with my question here. With the architecture of the Nvidia Jetson TK1, Would this emulator run nicely on this board? Also on that note, Is it possible to run the Open Pandora version on the Ubuntu (ARM Linux (Angstrom?) to ARM Linux(Debian)) that comes on these boards or would it be more efficient to just flash Android onto it? The point of this was because I had plans to make this board into a fancy game console and wanted to know which way it would be more efficient to go in terms of OS.

I actually liked the performance of this emulator on my Asus TF300t, just kinda looking forward from there.

Exophase

Re: Jetson TK1

Post by Exophase » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:13 pm

I don't know about other Pandora software, but I can say for sure that the Pandora version of DraStic won't run on anything but a Pandora because it uses Pandora-specific framebuffer ioctls and I think some other stuff. We've ran other builds of the emulator on other ARM Linux distros on various machines (where the graphics are handled by SDL) but they haven't been very stable. I'd recommend going with Android if you can.

deeluna

Re: Jetson TK1

Post by deeluna » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:53 pm

I see, thank you I was not aware that the Pandora version had a special frame buffer that was specific. Thank you for the information. I will see about getting android on it.