Why did no the "edge mark" function?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ronhsia
Why did no the "edge mark" function?

Post by ronhsia » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:49 am

there is the "edge mark" function on the PC desmuse.
u can find it under the 3D setting, this function can make NPC's edge more clear than before.
i think its a very important function for nds emulator because nds game is not very fix on cellphone.
but i can not find it on android version, that make me so upset?
so i want to know, is this function can be made on the android drastic? maybe i can find it on the next version?

Jay Haru

Re: Why did no the "edge mark" function?

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:40 am

ronhsia wrote:there is the "edge mark" function on the PC desmuse.
u can find it under the 3D setting, this function can make NPC's edge more clear than before.
i think its a very important function for nds emulator because nds game is not very fix on cellphone.
but i can not find it on android version, that make me so upset?
so i want to know, is this function can be made on the android drastic? maybe i can find it on the next version?
Well it can be added but when is unknown. It could prolly be added on the next build or the next one afterwards.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:59 pm

I have it partially implemented right now and I still hope to get it in the next beta (or full release possibly) during December.

One issue is that a lot of games use it in conjunction with anti-aliasing which kind of gives the effect half way. I have no plans to add anti-aliasing support any time soon because it's very expensive. desmume doesn't have support for it either, but they implement edge marking in a way that's different from how a DS does it, in a way that also makes it possible to do the anti-aliased version.

What I'm thinking is that the next version will have edge marking but will come with an option to disable it (possibly only when it's also enabled with AA - which is probably more often than not) so that things don't look worse than they do now. It's a tough call.

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Will this fix the missing colored ship outlines in Infinite Space?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:21 pm

tomkatt wrote:Will this fix the missing colored ship outlines in Infinite Space?
Probably, but I'm not totally sure since I haven't checked it specifically. I'll try to do that before releasing it though.