Frequently asked question topic related question.

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Chaoslordmegaman
Frequently asked question topic related question.

Post by Chaoslordmegaman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:51 am

When i was looking through forums (index page/general/ frequently asked question) i noticed a question (Q-what are the minimum requirement for drastic in android? where Exophase answered that an ARMv7a processor with NEON support.This includes any cortex A-8,A-9 and A-15,scorpion and krait processors. So i was wondering why cortex A-7 isnt listed there (maybe because you guys thought that A7 is basic processor and everone gonna have that or basically "an ARMv7a processor with NEON support" line does cover cortex- A7 processors ) but it does confused new ppls who want to purchase this app even it did confused me first time (clearly because i'm no expert and there's other ppls like me too ). It would be great if you guys also add cortex A7 along A8,A9 and A15 in that F.A.Q. Just a suggestion through.
If you can't earn it then burn it.

Jay Haru

Re: Frequently asked question topic related question.

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:53 am

Chaoslordmegaman wrote:When i was looking through forums (index page/general/ frequently asked question) i noticed a question (Q-what are the minimum requirement for drastic in android? where Exophase answered that an ARMv7a processor with NEON support.This includes any cortex A-8,A-9 and A-15,scorpion and krait processors. So i was wondering why cortex A-7 isnt listed there (maybe because you guys thought that A7 is basic processor and everone gonna have that or basically "an ARMv7a processor with NEON support" line does cover cortex- A7 processors ) but it does confused new ppls who want to purchase this app even it did confused me first time (clearly because i'm no expert and there's other ppls like me too ). It would be great if you guys also add cortex A7 along A8,A9 and A15 in that F.A.Q. Just a suggestion through.
Coz a7's choke on even mid level games. I am not sure about how quad cores and up does but when it was written, most a7 socs suck at it. If exo added it to the list, those that have it would flood in raging why their shitty devices won't run games w/o lag. So, as a good decision, rather than put bare minimum, exo excluded a7.
Long story short, its compatible but not recommended.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:58 am

It's not there because I didn't think about putting it there :P Cortex-A7s were a lot less common in devices when I wrote that over a year ago. A decently clocked A7 can do okay with the emulator (for some definition of okay) Cortex-A5s will run it too but those choke a lot worse.

Chaoslordmegaman

Post by Chaoslordmegaman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:25 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Chaoslordmegaman wrote:When i was looking through forums (index page/general/ frequently asked question) i noticed a question (Q-what are the minimum requirement for drastic in android? where Exophase answered that an ARMv7a processor with NEON support.This includes any cortex A-8,A-9 and A-15,scorpion and krait processors. So i was wondering why cortex A-7 isnt listed there (maybe because you guys thought that A7 is basic processor and everone gonna have that or basically "an ARMv7a processor with NEON support" line does cover cortex- A7 processors ) but it does confused new ppls who want to purchase this app even it did confused me first time (clearly because i'm no expert and there's other ppls like me too ). It would be great if you guys also add cortex A7 along A8,A9 and A15 in that F.A.Q. Just a suggestion through.
Coz a7's choke on even mid level games. I am not sure about how quad cores and up does but when it was written, most a7 socs suck at it. If exo added it to the list, those that have it would flood in raging why their shitty devices won't run games w/o lag. So, as a good decision, rather than put bare minimum, exo excluded a7.
Long story short, its compatible but not recommended.
totally agreed with you that ppls would had started bashing programmers if Drastic didnt worked up with their specific devices and also Gplay also point out that specific apps is compatible with your device or not but on the other hand some ppls (who usually check everything out about the thing they want to spend their money on) didnt brought it just bcuz there were no cortex A7 stated in minimum required list. I understand that it would have caused too much trouble to find the solution of a specific game not working on a specific phone. I was just thinking that next time when Exophase thinking of updating F.A.Q then making of different colums (minimum requirement/recommended requirement) would be cool and gonna help noobs like me(who arent that much in technical stuff).
Last edited by Chaoslordmegaman on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't earn it then burn it.

Chaoslordmegaman

Post by Chaoslordmegaman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:40 am

Exophase wrote:It's not there because I didn't think about putting it there :P Cortex-A7s were a lot less common in devices when I wrote that over a year ago. A decently clocked A7 can do okay with the emulator (for some definition of okay) Cortex-A5s will run it too but those choke a lot worse.
i did bit testing in some smartphones a while ago (galaxy s4,micromax canvas a120 colors,micromax a1 which is android 4.4.4 and lastly one was micromax bolt a37). Worked perfect in all three devices (cortex A7 both micromax) but was little confused that would it work in A37( 256mb ram,1 ghz processor,320x480ppi,3.5 inch capative screen with mediatek chipset) i tried two games(castlevania aria of sorrow and inazuma eleven 1) in a37 both game worked great just there were some sound glitching in middle of games sometimes but atleast they are playable if one just ignore sound. Haha

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:45 am

Chaoslordmegaman wrote:
Exophase wrote:It's not there because I didn't think about putting it there :P Cortex-A7s were a lot less common in devices when I wrote that over a year ago. A decently clocked A7 can do okay with the emulator (for some definition of okay) Cortex-A5s will run it too but those choke a lot worse.
i did bit testing in some smartphones a while ago (galaxy s4,micromax canvas a120 colors,micromax a1 which is android 4.4.4 and lastly one was micromax bolt a37). Worked perfect in all three devices (cortex A7 both micromax) but was little confused that would it work in A37( 256mb ram,1 ghz processor,320x480ppi,3.5 inch capative screen with mediatek chipset) i tried two games(castlevania aria of sorrow and inazuma eleven 1) in a37 both game worked great just there were some sound glitching in middle of games sometimes but atleast they are playable if one just ignore sound. Haha
No issues there (well, not really).
But having a compatibility list for processors is a lot of work too. Its much easier to just exclude those that would be giving headaches than sort out games playable on a certain achitecture.
Behold my mighty