Custom Firmware

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Emu Fan
Custom Firmware

Post by Emu Fan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi can you please add an option to start a game by showing the ds start screen with the warning logo like a real ds or like on desmume with our custom firmware file pls
And make the emu be able to save the firmware settings we change straight to the firmware file or like in the desmume with a firmware.cfg file
And make it that the emu can change the setting if we want to boot the firmware menu or go straight to the game since i think you cant change this in the firmware setting if im not wrong
Btw I think i saw that you will make a firmware editor for android is this still planned

The features im asking could be a nice new touch to the emu and besides i want a way to check my firmware version with the reset in pistochat and check color method just like i did in the desmume app

Exophase

Re: Custom Firmware

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:43 pm

What firmware settings do you want to change? There are already options for country, username, favorite color, and birthday in the emulator configuration. Normally the firmware settings aren't loaded from a firmware file, so it's easier to change them this way, but you can put a firmware dump called nds_firmware.bin in the system directory and it'll get loaded.

I'd like to have the ability to boot from firmware eventually, but it requires emulation of some cart encryption/decryption hardware that otherwise isn't necessary. So it's kind of a lot of work for something that's not much more than a novelty, or at least as far as I'm aware. As for a firmware editor for Android, that's not something we ever planned, sorry.

Emu Fan

Re: Custom Firmware

Post by Emu Fan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Exophase wrote:What firmware settings do you want to change? There are already options for country, username, favorite color, and birthday in the emulator configuration. Normally the firmware settings aren't loaded from a firmware file, so it's easier to change them this way, but you can put a firmware dump called nds_firmware.bin in the system directory and it'll get loaded.

I'd like to have the ability to boot from firmware eventually, but it requires emulation of some cart encryption/decryption hardware that otherwise isn't necessary. So it's kind of a lot of work for something that's not much more than a novelty, or at least as far as I'm aware. As for a firmware editor for Android, that's not something we ever planned, sorry.
Damn ok man i hope some day boot from firmware option will be available lol