May I suggest a features

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Vanitycraft
May I suggest a features

Post by Vanitycraft » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Greetings! I tried your app at my friend's galaxy tab 2 7 inch screen and i find it very very excellent.. But i find it difficult to manage the screen display and overlay control and the other screen with touch control is difficult to use even with a stylus pen.

May i suggest you guys to add a features that enabled the drastic app to use 2 tablets or 1 tablet and 1 android phone via wifi or Bluetooth connect (one is for touch screen and the other with overlay controller).

Hoping for your kind consideration and looking forward to buy your superb product. cheers!

Jay Haru

Re: May I suggest a features

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:40 am

Vanitycraft wrote:Greetings! I tried your app at my friend's galaxy tab 2 7 inch screen and i find it very very excellent.. But i find it difficult to manage the screen display and overlay control and the other screen with touch control is difficult to use even with a stylus pen.

May i suggest you guys to add a features that enabled the drastic app to use 2 tablets or 1 tablet and 1 android phone via wifi or Bluetooth connect (one is for touch screen and the other with overlay controller).

Hoping for your kind consideration and looking forward to buy your superb product. cheers!
Unless you have four hands, I can't imagine how this would work. unless there's a way yo can taper both tab/phone together as well.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Something like this might be possible later, but definitely not with Bluetooth which doesn't have enough bandwidth. Even with wifi many devices can't establish enough bandwidth to send the DS screen at full rate and it'll suffer from frame loss and/or compression artifacts. That is, if you want one screen on each device. If you just want the controls on a separate device that's another matter. For that, I expect someone could make an app that turned a device into a virtual controller that Android can recognize. There are already apps that will turn the device into a Windows compatible gamepad.

Have you looked into using an external controller? That'll map better to DS controls than a separate Android device anyway.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Phone as controller already exists: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... controller

And yeah the only way to use a second screen is with devices that support HDMI out and a TV/monitor.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:52 pm

xperia64 wrote:Phone as controller already exists: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... controller
Nice, my cursory searching only returned the apps that turn it into something Windows compatible but I was hoping something like this already existed.

The whole use-case is still kind of hard for me to grasp, I'm amazed it has such a high install count. I guess having to buy a controller as opposed to reusing a phone is a big deal for a lot of people.