Thanks so much for releasing this for free!! =D

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
_wb_
Re: Thanks so much for releasing this for free!! =D

Post by _wb_ » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:36 am

Guns are designed to kill people. Killing people is illegal.

Emulators are designed to run ROMs. Running ROMs is not necessarily illegal.

EvilDragon
Site Admin

Post by EvilDragon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:17 am

Well, you can use guns for sports, etc. as well, so I'm not sure that really does count.

Cracking software though is illegal in most countries. There's not legal cracking.

While emulators can be used to play illegal games, it CAN also be used to play games legally.

I am a heavy supporter of legal emulation.
I am selling the Retrode2 in my shop which enables the users to make legal copies of their SNES, N64, MegaDrive, etc. games.
I've got an adaptor at home which simply lets me copy my NDS games to an SD Card (and will try to get that into my shop as well).

With PSX it's even easier, just rip the CD.

I've gots hundreds of legal games on my Pandora, and I couldn't possibly carry them around with me all the time.

So yes, emulation CAN be legal, cracking and releasing copyrighted stuff is ALWAYS illegal, that's a huge difference.

BTW:
Just googling for mudlord shows he actually had many fights with different people in various boards...

#Shake

Post by #Shake » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:13 am

You're such a badass mudlord, a truly internet hero haha :lol:

nah really, you're ridiculous :lol: get a life dude

you hacked drastic, congratz, now go back to your hole

JustPixels

Post by JustPixels » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:27 am

Im happy to pay 5,99 euro :)
I support this developer.

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:34 am

JustPixels wrote:Im happy to pay 5,99 euro :)
I support this developer.
Same. I bought it ASAP when it came out. I don't care if you can get it for free, Exophase deserves the money and besides, buyers get updates right when they are released! :D

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 am

Do any of you guys watch The Venture Bros? mudlord's deal with me is kind of like The Monarch's grudge against Dr Venture. No one really knows why and The Monarch doesn't want to tell - at some point you wonder if even he knows why. Anything about "comments" I've said about libretro or HLE are just confusing because I've never said anything bad about those things.. I've also got some weird jabs about Nestopia running on an RPi, something I've never doubted and never would have! It was byuu who made some random comment about minimum requirements for that emulator, and speaking of byuu, we're not friends and and I'm almost always opposed to his viewpoints, although I've gotten tired of arguing about everything with him. I do post on his forums, but so do tons of other people mudlord doesn't seem to have seething grudges against.

So for all the people who told you to ask me for clarification on this, I'm sorry, but your guess is as good as mine.

Now, like he and others say - a cracked and distributed version was inevitable and we knew this. I'm not going to go crazy trying to fight against it. My post against mudlord on ngemu wasn't sarcastic, and I'm flattered if he paid for it just to crack it :P We may think of doing some ad-supported versions and/or feature-lite ones, that kind of stuff. I can tell you for sure that the plan was always going to release a free an ad-supported Chinese version (since they have no store), it just needed a few more days to be ready. We probably shouldn't have waited at all, I just had this self-centered goal to get the damn thing out by my 30th birthday because it's been dragging forever.

Nonetheless, like most of you probably realize, we're not actually going to just all of a sudden post a free APK somewhere. If we decided to release it for free it'd be on Google Play that way, you know?

waster

Post by waster » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:34 am

Lordus, please can you investigate using Google Play Game Services: https://developers.google.com/games/services/

It has an anti-piracy feature as described here: https://developers.google.com/games/ser ... antipiracy

Also, you could use it to back up save states instead of using Google Drive: https://developers.google.com/games/ser ... /cloudsave

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Look im all for downloading stuff for free. But when i see that someone has taken the time and effort to make something so polished/refined/presentable (all but with a few bugs; mario kart DS randomly crashing if loading from a save state and pokemon heart golds graphics flickering sometimes for example) i usually dip into my pockets and shell out the cash. Like i did with FPSE and N64oid before it. I even had a problem starting the emu but that was down to a bad bios dump, stupid DS -_-. Plus i used GPsp extensively so i felt this was overdue some money :p
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

mudlord

Post by mudlord » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:12 pm

My post against mudlord on ngemu wasn't sarcastic, and I'm flattered if he paid for it just to crack it
I am quite surprised you are taking this so well. I thought you would have hated my guts after fulfilling your challenge.

Maybe you are not as bad as I thought.

therysin

Post by therysin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:14 pm

waster wrote:Lordus, please can you investigate using Google Play Game Services: https://developers.google.com/games/services/

It has an anti-piracy feature as described here: https://developers.google.com/games/ser ... antipiracy

Also, you could use it to back up save states instead of using Google Drive: https://developers.google.com/games/ser ... /cloudsave
There is an anti piracy feature. It checks once when drastic is first run, problem is, google never updated it in a while, so it's as easy to crack as it was months ago. Point is, it's not hard, it's not something to be proud of for doing.

I bought the moment it came out, because I thought this project was worth something supporting.