Dual Screen GAMES

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
eduardoroxas
Dual Screen GAMES

Post by eduardoroxas » Fri May 21, 2021 6:25 am

Hi.

Is it possible to play dual screen games on a single screen? This may seem like a trivial question, but I was never familiar with the DS split screens in games that split the scenes between the screens, I feel a teleport when Sonic crosses and a loss of scenery. I don't know, I'm just curious.

kaikun97

Re: Dual Screen GAMES

Post by kaikun97 » Fri May 21, 2021 3:47 pm

eduardoroxas wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:25 am
Hi.

Is it possible to play dual screen games on a single screen? This may seem like a trivial question, but I was never familiar with the DS split screens in games that split the scenes between the screens, I feel a teleport when Sonic crosses and a loss of scenery. I don't know, I'm just curious.
You can edit the screen layout to move them, but otherwise, no you cannot combine them.

What you could try is the "Keep main screen on top" option which always keeps the active screen at the top and for games like sonic, its the screen sonic is on.

hjw

Re: Dual Screen GAMES

Post by hjw » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:42 am

eduardoroxas wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:25 am
Hi.

The "teleport" that you described is because in real NDS, there is a gap between the 2 screens, and the game attempt to make up for that gap.
Edit the screen layout in drastic and make the screens exactly 21 mm apart and you shouldn't feel any sort of teleport anymore.