Wiimote via Bluetooth?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Ego_Bizarro
Wiimote via Bluetooth?

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Heya guys,

first, let me say quickly that this is one amazing emulator!

Now, I don't know if I got that right, but it said somewhere that this emulator also supports controllers. Is that only for Ouya or also for android phones? Like, could I theoretically use my wiimote for the emulator? (even though, of course, it would rather suck because there aren't enough buttons ;) )

AsHperson

Re: Wiimote via Bluetooth?

Post by AsHperson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Ego_Bizarro wrote:Heya guys,

first, let me say quickly that this is one amazing emulator!

Now, I don't know if I got that right, but it said somewhere that this emulator also supports controllers. Is that only for Ouya or also for android phones? Like, could I theoretically use my wiimote for the emulator? (even though, of course, it would rather suck because there aren't enough buttons ;) )
Yes, the app may not be the one to pair with the device directly but, when you make the keymaps, it is taking it from an input that is already connected to the device be it a keyboard(natively supported), OUYA controller(natively supported), xbox controller, or a sixaxis controller/ps3 controller(needs app or usb connection). I hope this helps.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid&hl=en to connect your wiimote then you can use key mapping.

Ego_Bizarro

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks for your replies!
Ah, so I need to bind it through another app first. Then I know what to do now :)
(though it didn't work for me with that app you posted... it seems to have problems with new android versions... but I guess there will be other apps of that kind)

Taloan

Post by Taloan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 am

Ego_Bizarro wrote:Thanks for your replies!
Ah, so I need to bind it through another app first. Then I know what to do now :)
(though it didn't work for me with that app you posted... it seems to have problems with new android versions... but I guess there will be other apps of that kind)
Yeah, android 4.2 and above changes something related to the bluetooth stack, so it doesnt works with android version 4.2 and above :/ Have the same problem with my xperia z :S

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:34 am

can't use the app either I have 4.3

DashX

Post by DashX » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:38 am

Works perfectly for my new tablet Samsung t217t