Savestate wizardry

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
koligen
Savestate wizardry

Post by koligen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:51 pm

So I've had to restart pokemon heartgold about 3 times now (All 3 times having earned most badges) because
when I save the game via savestate, quit the app, and then open it up and try to load the savestate im not able to even
select the load savestate option.

I went to manage the savestates and tried to play them from there, when I do so, I'm confronted by a message box
saying: "This save is incompatible. Different BIOS files where used than what you're using now"

Anyone wanna throw their 2 cents in? This purchase would be worth it if I could stand not to worry about losing
game progress.

tomkatt

Re: Savestate wizardry

Post by tomkatt » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Not too familiar with the Pokemon titles, but I've read it's best to not use savestates with these games, as they wig out. Using the standard save functionality shouldn't be an issue, since you can save at almost any time in the pokemon games.

koligen

Re: Savestate wizardry

Post by koligen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:18 pm

tomkatt wrote:Not too familiar with the Pokemon titles, but I've read it's best to not use savestates with these games, as they wig out. Using the standard save functionality shouldn't be an issue, since you can save at almost any time in the pokemon games.

See I'd be inclined to believe that if it didn't seem like the saves you make in game weren't connected to the validity of the savestates, as the only reason I started using savestates was because I discovered this.

I'll try it your way though. Wish me luck