Drastic Going Open Source

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
FloW
Drastic Going Open Source

Post by FloW » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:48 am

Hey! I don't want to beat a dead horse, I've looked in the forums a bit ago and saw that there are still plans to make Drastic open source at some point this year. any ETA for that? or is it still "sometime this year" let me preface this with the fact that I legitimately love the work done on drastic and I'm super thankful that this is even happening in the first place :)

kaikun97

Re: Drastic Going Open Source

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:44 pm

Its still sometime this year, there is remaining work to be done things are rather slow moving especially with the recent events that have happened this year so still no ETA. There will be a retroarch core of it too however, but its WIP currently.
Last edited by kaikun97 on Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FloW

Post by FloW » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:45 pm

hey man thanks alot for responding, and yeah I don't doubt that it's not going as smooth as possible with what's going on with the world atm. nonetheless im looking forward to it :)

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:25 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:44 pm
Its still sometime this year, there is remaining work to be done things are rather slow moving especially with the recent events that have happened this year so still no ETA. There will be a retroarch core of it too however, but its WIP currently.
I remember hearing about a libretro core being in the work, I think this confirms it? Been very inactive in this forum for a long time
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

itsamamaluigi

Post by itsamamaluigi » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:22 am

This is why open source software is the way to go. When you go closed source, if the original developer stops working on their app, it's dead forever. It's sad that such a great emulator has gone to waste.