good google android tablet

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
merkutinaa
good google android tablet

Post by merkutinaa » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:45 am

What is a good google android tablet? i bought my son a Panimage 7in touchscreen WiFi Tablet for christmas and am having second thoughts. I cant find any reviews on it. Wondering if there is a better mid priced option
Last edited by merkutinaa on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

apeine

Re: good google android tablet

Post by apeine » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 am

Hisense Sero 7 pro (not the LT version). Quite good, 150 bucks on walmart. Got 1 Gb Ram, 8 Gb memory, tegra 3 processor, can have SDCard and has HDMI connection. Great for games and general apps alike. Never regret on game side...

tomkatt

Re: good google android tablet

Post by tomkatt » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:21 am

apeine wrote:Hisense Sero 7 pro (not the LT version). Quite good, 150 bucks on walmart. Got 1 Gb Ram, 8 Gb memory, tegra 3 processor, can have SDCard and has HDMI connection. Great for games and general apps alike. Never regret on game side...
I'll second the Hisense S7Pro. I own one and it's been great for gaming/emulation purposes. The tablet does have some quirks, but depending on your needs there are a few custom ROMs that will help get it working the way you want if you don't like the out-of-the-box functionality.

My main purpose for it is an emulation device, and I've got it running NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16, PSX, GBA, DS, Dreamcast, and PSP emulators. The Dreamcast and PSP emulators are a bit flaky. The dreamcast one works but is buggy, and the PSP one suffers slowdowns. Everything else has worked fine.

I'm also using Sixaxis Controller and a PS3 controller, plus the HDMI out to run it as a console emulator on my TV. It's a good tablet, though I had to use a specific custom ROM to get my HDMI out to work properly at 720p instead of 640x480. Most don't have this issue from what I can tell, not sure if it's my tablet or my TV. Build quality is good and it doesn't feel flimsy or cheap. I've had mine running like a champ since October, and have had it overclocked slightly at 1.4GHz since January with no issues and decent battery life (12-20% drain when using emulators, depending on which emulator and whether it's also outputting to TV and pairing the controller).

I admit, I'll probably replace my Sero 7 Pro in the next year, but only because I'm excited about Nvidia's upcoming Tegra K1 series. The improvement from Tegra 3 to Tegra 4 isn't wowing me in major ways, though for stable PSP emulation, I am considering a Tegra Note 7 in the nearer future. I'll probably get one toward the end of the year unless something better pops up for my purposes. Though, we're talking $130-$150 for the S7P versus $200+ for the Note 7, so I don't know if I'd consider the Note a midrange model. All in all though, despite some quirks that tend come with low to midrange tablets, I'm very happy with the Sero 7 Pro, and it's my first Android tablet.