Save file converter

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
sigfy
Save file converter

Post by sigfy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:46 am

Hi,

It looks like it's not possible to use existing save files (please correct me if I'm wrong) but we can convert them to Desmume format (dsv) with this little tool:
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showth ... -7-24-2011

Just put the converted file in /Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/backup and it should allow you to continue your game where you left it.

Queksilber

Re: Save file converter

Post by Queksilber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:57 am

sigfy wrote:It looks like it's not possible to use existing save files (please correct me if I'm wrong)
You are wrong, you can use all ingame-saves from desmume (*.dsv) in drastic. Only in Pokemon Black2 importing isn't working.

http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53

sigfy

Post by sigfy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:26 am

I'm talking about every other formats from flashcards (Acekard, R4...).
I know desmume format is compatible, that's the point of the converter, to convet those other formats to .dsv files.

Ichigo

Post by Ichigo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:41 am

hmm ok...then why doesn't my savefile created with desmume 0.9.9 work with drastic?
i put the savefile(.dsv) in the right folder on my s3, but its not working!

EDIT:

you all think its the backupfolder on "sdcard0", but its the other way around!

you need to have root_access on your device, so you can put them to "root\data\media\Drastic\backup"
i put my dsv file from desmume pokemon white edition to this folder and now i can finally continue playing my old save instead of a new one!

Tavarus

Post by Tavarus » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Ichigo wrote:you all think its the backupfolder on "sdcard0", but its the other way around!

you need to have root_access on your device, so you can put them to "root\data\media\Drastic\backup"
i put my dsv file from desmume pokemon white edition to this folder and now i can finally continue playing my old save instead of a new one!
Please explain to me how you did this. I need to root my s3?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:08 pm

I doubt he needed to root his phone to get access to that directory. It's just different devices have different names for the root of their internal storage. Sometimes it's /sdcard, sometimes it's /sdcard0, in this case I guess it's /root/data/media for some reason.