Minimum Screen Size

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Trqrrhmn
Minimum Screen Size

Post by Trqrrhmn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:01 am

Can anyone tell me the minimum screen size needed to play DraStic comfortably? The original DS had two 3.0 inch screens and DSi XL has two 4.2 inch screens. As android phones have only one screen, how large a screen would I need for DraStic?

chocolatecake

Re: Minimum Screen Size

Post by chocolatecake » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:35 pm

Trqrrhmn wrote:Can anyone tell me the minimum screen size needed to play DraStic comfortably? The original DS had two 3.0 inch screens and DSi XL has two 4.2 inch screens. As android phones have only one screen, how large a screen would I need for DraStic?
My screen size is only 4.0" and it is remarkably comfortable, so when stretched will be two 2.0" inch screens. EDIT: I have an Xperia Play.

I own an original DS, and when I compared the screen quality with that of my phone while playing Mario Kart DS, it is MUCH more comfortable playing on the phone, even though the screens are smaller, because of the quality of the screen.

Trqrrhmn

Post by Trqrrhmn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:14 am

chocolatecake wrote:
Trqrrhmn wrote:Can anyone tell me the minimum screen size needed to play DraStic comfortably? The original DS had two 3.0 inch screens and DSi XL has two 4.2 inch screens. As android phones have only one screen, how large a screen would I need for DraStic?
My screen size is only 4.0" and it is remarkably comfortable, so when stretched will be two 2.0" inch screens. EDIT: I have an Xperia Play.

I own an original DS, and when I compared the screen quality with that of my phone while playing Mario Kart DS, it is MUCH more comfortable playing on the phone, even though the screens are smaller, because of the quality of the screen.
Do you use portrait mode or landscape mode?

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Trqrrhmn wrote:
chocolatecake wrote:

Do you use portrait mode or landscape mode?
I think it depends on the game. For example, some games don't make good use of one screen or another (Pokemon comes to mind, and Radiant Historia), so I'll play landscape and set one screen to 3x and the other to 1x so the "main" screen has more real estate to work with.

For games that utilize both screens well or are purely touch based, (like the Phoenix Wright titles, for example) I'll play in portrait mode with both screens equal.

That said, for non-touch games I tend to HDMI out to my TV and play that way so the screen size becomes irrelevant. When I'm playing "on device" I'm using my Sero 7 Pro, so I've got a 7" diagonal screen. It's a comfortable size, and looking back I don't know how I ever played on the tiny DS screens.

Edit - I should add that when using games that don't need a lot of touch based stuff, I use a PS3 controller. Much more comfortable that way than with the touch based controls.