Need help, question about Pokemon Black 2

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Painful
Need help, question about Pokemon Black 2

Post by Painful » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Everything works great, except- 2 things;

1) about Wifi, Battling online and stuff like that, is this working? All those wifi featers works on DraStic Emulator?

2) I just started playing today, already played for 4 hours, I don't want to be sad in the end of all this thing,
My question is;

After im beating the elite 4, does the save courrapt?
My god, please tell me it is not, I want to keep playing after the league :(

Thanks for all help.
bless

SkyAttacks

Re: Need help, question about Pokemon Black 2

Post by SkyAttacks » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 pm

1. Wifi doesn't work with drastic and probs wont for a while

2. It shouldnt corrupt... I have used both save states and in game saves and it doesn't mess it up

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Painful wrote:Everything works great, except- 2 things;

1) about Wifi, Battling online and stuff like that, is this working? All those wifi featers works on DraStic Emulator?

2) I just started playing today, already played for 4 hours, I don't want to be sad in the end of all this thing,
My question is;

After im beating the elite 4, does the save courrapt?
My god, please tell me it is not, I want to keep playing after the league :(

Thanks for all help.
bless
1.) WiFi doesnt work yet.

2.) No it doesnt corrupt if you use mostly ingame saves. you can still use savestates and the save trick we discovered still works provided you have a savestate outside e4 building andthat your savestate doesnt store ingame saves (disable in the advanced menu).

the only thing we could really advise you is that of youre near the e4 building, turn off all your cheats, use mainly ingamesaves and never load from savestates. you may have to battle the e4 repeatedly depending on your pokepowers but at least the save wont corrupt and you dont have lost time on your game.
Behold my mighty

Painful

Post by Painful » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:52 am

Thank you guys but 3 things:

1) What is save state?

2) If im saving ingame save, also saving with this save state (which i don't know what save state even mean)
I will be able to play the after game and wont have to do this E4 all the time? Didn't understand that part so well

3) also, the succesful of the saving depands on the DraStic version? If so- what version i need exactly?

Still a bit hard for me to understand, thank you for your help

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:57 am

Painful wrote:Thank you guys but 3 things:

1) What is save state?

2) If im saving ingame save, also saving with this save state (which i don't know what save state even mean)
I will be able to play the after game and wont have to do this E4 all the time? Didn't understand that part so well

3) also, the succesful of the saving depands on the DraStic version? If so- what version i need exactly?

Still a bit hard for me to understand, thank you for your help
1. Save state is Drastic's own saving system. This is a save anywhere system where you can save even on situations where you cant, normally like in the middle of a battle and it will load you in that exact spot. as you left it. it is very handy but is also prone to capturing game bugs which may becam problems in some parts of the games. still reliable.

This is different from in game saves which are the native saves inside games like savepoints. these are generally very reliable but can also be corrupted. they are also crossplatofrm as you can get this save from desmume and it will load in drastic just fine and vice versa but some games need to be converted.

2. that really depends. the issue with pokemon and the saves stemmed from having loading a savestate in which you also have an ingame save made after the loaded savestate. it somehow triggers an ingame save corrution that makes it impossible to continue the game after beating e4 and final master since your game will be saved in a corrupt file and will not load for the continue game option (getting that final pokemon)

3. there is only one drastic version. and it is on google play.
Behold my mighty

Painful

Post by Painful » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:17 am

Ah, so sorry, still cannot understand.

ingame save will courrpt if I'm beating E4?
How can I avoid from this courrpt?
I want to play after the E4 :-(

Thank alot for answering and explaining.

eijom

Post by eijom » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Painful wrote:Ah, so sorry, still cannot understand.

ingame save will courrpt if I'm beating E4?
How can I avoid from this courrpt?
I want to play after the E4 :-(

Thank alot for answering and explaining.
just stop using the drastic save states and just save game normally by clicking "save" button built in to pokemon. I have never used save states in my pokemon heartgold and have been saving by native saving function

Painful

Post by Painful » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:21 am

ok so i deleted all of my save state and also deleted the DraStic Emulator and downloaded it again.
now I guess it should save my game without any courrpts... really hope to beat E4 and keep playing after that without any courrpts...

anyway thank you very much guys.