Overheating on galaxy s4?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
eijom
Re: Overheating on galaxy s4?

Post by eijom » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:33 am

dnyce13 wrote:I have a Galaxy S4 M919 and don't have any overheating issues. What I would do to optimize my play is to restart my phone, use a task manager app, then open drastic. This way there aren't any apps open unless you have apps that auto-start then you should go into each app and tick that option off and restart again with the prior instructions.
do you play the drastic in normal speed?

i have been playing it on 200% speed fast forward. and experience heating issue

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:16 am

eijom wrote:
dnyce13 wrote:I have a Galaxy S4 M919 and don't have any overheating issues. What I would do to optimize my play is to restart my phone, use a task manager app, then open drastic. This way there aren't any apps open unless you have apps that auto-start then you should go into each app and tick that option off and restart again with the prior instructions.

dood, youre playing it at a taxing speed. of course it will overheat at 200% speed.
Behold my mighty

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:49 am

Jay Haru wrote:
eijom wrote:

dood, youre playing it at a taxing speed. of course it will overheat at 200% speed.
doesnt fast forward mode just remove the 60fps cap? it shouldnt make a diference in cpu usage i dont think

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:06 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
eijom wrote:

doesnt fast forward mode just remove the 60fps cap? it shouldnt make a diference in cpu usage i dont think
no, it emulates the game at twice the normal speed. its not a cap, its how the games are run normally. speed it up and it requires more cpu power.
compare it to a car running at 100kph and a car running at 200kph. which car would heat up the engine more quickly?
Behold my mighty

eijom

Post by eijom » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:49 pm

yea i have been running it in fast forward mode with that button. i think it is set at default 200%. but it can be changed

ok. i will try playing it at normal speed to see if heating will be as bad

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:46 pm

eijom wrote:yea i have been running it in fast forward mode with that button. i think it is set at default 200%. but it can be changed

aaaaannnnnddddd??????
Behold my mighty

eijom

Post by eijom » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:17 am

Jay Haru wrote:
eijom wrote:yea i have been running it in fast forward mode with that button. i think it is set at default 200%. but it can be changed

aaaaannnnnddddd??????

ok just tested playing without fast forward, the heating is a lot less now. since like Jay Haru said the CPU is not in use as much in normal speed