Request for date offset

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Kilodyne
Request for date offset

Post by Kilodyne » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi all, been lurking for a bit and decided to use my first post to request a minor enhancement.

There are quite a few games that have special occurrences based on time and date. I understand that currently the time is read from the OS. This works well in theory, but licensing and calendar events, and other applications are all affected by changes to the system time. To combat this, I'd like to request that a new option be added to specify a time offset. When the time is read from the OS then offset would then be applied to create a new "DS time". Rather than adjusting the time at the OS level, the offset could be changed instead.

Ideally it would be nice to be able to have this offset calculated automatically from a specified date/time, but if I had to calculate and specify a millisecond offset manually, I'd still take that over changing the system time.

Thanks for all the work on a great product!

tomkatt

Re: Request for date offset

Post by tomkatt » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:19 pm

This would definitely be useful in games like TWEWY and Pokemon Black.

I can't tell you how often I abused the date/time change trick to level up pins in TWEWY, and I assume it would let you work around the seasonal stuff in Pokemon Black.