IOS version out

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Haitran2001
Re: IOS version out

Post by Haitran2001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:36 am

Android doesn't have any potential to iOS and never close to it. While your saying me? Illegal software making shouldn't be making in the word? Copyright infringement, copying the game console data trying to run illegal games on an illegal windows android platform isn't more clear enough to count it as illegal action. I have consoles and I'm not poor like you can't get a proper DS but need a portable device on another platform to play the game.

Android isn't balanced screen isn't optimized to play games and the quality is weak when I tried to convert my video from my iOS. AND CONVERTED THROUGH MP4, while I still see pixilated when iOS doesn't. Need a customer firmware to withstand a iphone that doesn't need one? LOL and your saying it's better? Lmao android is one of the weakest phone I know. Not smooth ugly layout, copying the folder management from iOS too from the home main screen? The only good thing is the multi tasking from the note that's the only thing interest most of the people and now it bores them. Android is a second class phone that needs ideas from Apple. So keep in mind most of the shit android sends out are just useless and needs more speed to handle there shit while iOS only needs a few speed while I loaded over I don't know how much apps on my task bar and it's high end games. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAGAHAGABAHHAAHHAHAHAAH all the iOS haters better to think ahead while iPhone is better more stable and more relaible. No haters Hahahahah. Go start your own platform than just copy other business platform to make money. Don care if it's a close source better to use that knowledge of yours to good use it might be better than Sony and Microsoft Playstation and Xbox Nintendo isn't popular no more so I don't count them.

Haitran2001

Post by Haitran2001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:43 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Haitran2001 wrote:For your information about iOS haters, android is weak. What ever the GHZ or RAM it has does it really care? I compared an IPhone 5 to s4 and iOS 7 raped it. Even tho android has higher standard SPECS. Does the phone die faster lol? I left it in standby mode and I notice the S4 went down specifically faster than iOS 7. I was an android user and notice how the game doesn't load smooth the screen touch ability are hard to steer around while playing Modern Combat 4, while I'm playing on an iPhone it works and it's smooth. I aced a lot of matches and the internet is especially faster when on 4G and 3G is still fast. For my conclusion to the last post guy above me I don't wanna mention. Have knowledge of which phone is better. You think your the one who hates iOS keep in mind there is a lot of people more than android users hate android. The copy of iOS. What's up with the voice control? Copied iOS and got used kiddo? Hahaha it's funny how much android is a copy platform while they can't design their own unique ways but need ideas from iOS. Higher Specs won't do much while they'll just drain your battery's. Hilarious android Users.
But I don't really care about the emulator I'm not poor not to buy a actual DS and I got all the consoles so meh. I think this is illegal and can be brought to court if Nintendo finds out. Because Nintendo sued a guy uploading a game on online.
and this is why most ios fans are misguided persons of low intelligence. if you didnt know what he said, he just said that games get released on the ios first only because it only had to fit one shitty specification across the board. android has a more broad scope so its more difficult to make games or apps run on each and every deviced made be different manufacturers.

also, again i challenge you to produce your so called 'lots of people more than android users hate android' or youre just a retarded troll.

we do not really care if you can buy shit. you came to the site in the first place so its basically stupid of you.

finally, you're the hilarious one saying things like the app is illegal. learn your history you ios reject! theres precedence in the case of bleem vs. sony. simply put, emulators are legal.

a parting word, there is a difference with uploading a game and creating an emulator. educate yourself more so you dont appear stupid in an arguement.
From what I just read didn't read most of your shit doesn't seem interesting because you bore the shit out of the gaming platform by Hijacking Nintendo and making your own source to play there games and download from pirate and don't bullshit you don't games off the interest to play? Hahaha?? So your just defending your shit things because you want to make money "7.99" for a emulator? Wow I rather buy a actual DS to play all the games smoothly. Rather than a piece of junk from the internet carrying virus and it can damage there device? LOL I highly doubt a lot of people download your shit from play store but download from the internet playing pirated games like you. Go and learn the laws and be a good kid rather than crap you learn from hell but that's where you're going anyways so wish you a good life and say hello to the devil for me.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:51 am

Haitran2001 wrote:Android doesn't have any potential to iOS and never close to it. While your saying me? Illegal software making shouldn't be making in the word? Copyright infringement, copying the game console data trying to run illegal games on an illegal windows android platform isn't more clear enough to count it as illegal action. I have consoles and I'm not poor like you can't get a proper DS but need a portable device on another platform to play the game.

Android isn't balanced screen isn't optimized to play games and the quality is weak when I tried to convert my video from my iOS. AND CONVERTED THROUGH MP4, while I still see pixilated when iOS doesn't. Need a customer firmware to withstand a iphone that doesn't need one? LOL and your saying it's better? Lmao android is one of the weakest phone I know. Not smooth ugly layout, copying the folder management from iOS too from the home main screen? The only good thing is the multi tasking from the note that's the only thing interest most of the people and now it bores them. Android is a second class phone that needs ideas from Apple. So keep in mind most of the shit android sends out are just useless and needs more speed to handle there shit while iOS only needs a few speed while I loaded over I don't know how much apps on my task bar and it's high end games. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAGAHAGABAHHAAHHAHAHAAH all the iOS haters better to think ahead while iPhone is better more stable and more relaible. No haters Hahahahah. Go start your own platform than just copy other business platform to make money. Don care if it's a close source better to use that knowledge of yours to good use it might be better than Sony and Microsoft Playstation and Xbox Nintendo isn't popular no more so I don't count them.
wow, that are heavy words. did you have a nosebleed typing them? do you even understand a word you typed? As i said, there is legal precedence that an emulator is legal but of course, your mind cannot handle such simple explanations.
again, we could care less if you can buy shit or steve jobs' fluids with your money. you are still a retard and no amount of money can cure that.

and youre proud when you convert your videos to mp4? are you for real? better try to run mkv (matroska video format if you are too stupid to know) on your ios... oh wait, your shitty phone cant!

last time i know, android isnt a phone but an os, but hey, intelligence isnt your strong point so there is that.

in any case, unless you can prove the things you say, youre just another retard trying to be hip and cool, justifying your purchase of a silly phone.

no use talking to someone who has been living under the RDF for so long he became schizophrenic.
Behold my mighty

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:52 am

Haitran2001 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
Haitran2001 wrote:For your information about iOS haters, android is weak. What ever the GHZ or RAM it has does it really care? I compared an IPhone 5 to s4 and iOS 7 raped it. Even tho android has higher standard SPECS. Does the phone die faster lol? I left it in standby mode and I notice the S4 went down specifically faster than iOS 7. I was an android user and notice how the game doesn't load smooth the screen touch ability are hard to steer around while playing Modern Combat 4, while I'm playing on an iPhone it works and it's smooth. I aced a lot of matches and the internet is especially faster when on 4G and 3G is still fast. For my conclusion to the last post guy above me I don't wanna mention. Have knowledge of which phone is better. You think your the one who hates iOS keep in mind there is a lot of people more than android users hate android. The copy of iOS. What's up with the voice control? Copied iOS and got used kiddo? Hahaha it's funny how much android is a copy platform while they can't design their own unique ways but need ideas from iOS. Higher Specs won't do much while they'll just drain your battery's. Hilarious android Users.
But I don't really care about the emulator I'm not poor not to buy a actual DS and I got all the consoles so meh. I think this is illegal and can be brought to court if Nintendo finds out. Because Nintendo sued a guy uploading a game on online.
and this is why most ios fans are misguided persons of low intelligence. if you didnt know what he said, he just said that games get released on the ios first only because it only had to fit one shitty specification across the board. android has a more broad scope so its more difficult to make games or apps run on each and every deviced made be different manufacturers.

also, again i challenge you to produce your so called 'lots of people more than android users hate android' or youre just a retarded troll.

we do not really care if you can buy shit. you came to the site in the first place so its basically stupid of you.

finally, you're the hilarious one saying things like the app is illegal. learn your history you ios reject! theres precedence in the case of bleem vs. sony. simply put, emulators are legal.

a parting word, there is a difference with uploading a game and creating an emulator. educate yourself more so you dont appear stupid in an arguement.
From what I just read didn't read most of your shit doesn't seem interesting because you bore the shit out of the gaming platform by Hijacking Nintendo and making your own source to play there games and download from pirate and don't bullshit you don't games off the interest to play? Hahaha?? So your just defending your shit things because you want to make money "7.99" for a emulator? Wow I rather buy a actual DS to play all the games smoothly. Rather than a piece of junk from the internet carrying virus and it can damage there device? LOL I highly doubt a lot of people download your shit from play store but download from the internet playing pirated games like you. Go and learn the laws and be a good kid rather than crap you learn from hell but that's where you're going anyways so wish you a good life and say hello to the devil for me.
well, if you cant bother to read, i cant be bothered with your stupidty.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:28 pm

I'd like to make some remarks here (and for now I'm unlocking the thread, but please don't come here just to troll)

We don't have some kind of grudge against iOS. We're not avoiding a port because we have any kind of subjective dislike of the platform or philosophical problem with how Apple does things. Although I originally intended for there to be a port, there are technical and logistical reasons that have made it challenging, and since there are a lot of other things we needed to focus on first trying to tackle these has fallen to the wayside.

The issues with an iOS version are:

1) No matter what, this would require Jailbreaking. This is true even if you signed the app yourself and side-loaded that, because stock iOS doesn't allow program generated code, which the emulator needs for decent performance. This doesn't just mean the audience will be a lot more limited, it also means we're intrinsically dealing with a less standard/known platform.
2) There's no place where you can sell emulators on iOS (anything tied to PayPal is blocked) and trying to roll our own in-app sales would be asking for a ton of trouble, so it'd have to be ad-supported which I suspect would generate a lot of controversy, much more than the Chinese version does (which most people don't really know about)
3) Lordus and I don't know the first thing about iOS development so someone else would have to do brand new user interface code for iOS. zodttd is available to help with this, but it'd still be a big new effort and I can't just drop it on his lap and let him take care of everything, I'd at least need to review the versions and make sure I'm okay with them. There's a lot of learning and work that'd have to take place on both sides.
4) There are parts of the code which are written for Linux and wouldn't work out of the box on iOS the way it does on x86 Linux computers, Open Pandora, or Android. So there'd need to be further code changes to make it work and we don't really know what's involved.

Now for all of the other stuff Haitran2001 was saying: normally I wouldn't entertain someone who came here just to flame us, but I think this is good to know for anyone who doesn't. Especially since accusations are being made that we're doing something illegal. DraStic doesn't contain copyrighted code and it doesn't violate copyrights. If it did we would have gotten a DMCA takedown request a long time ago. If you think Nintendo doesn't know about us you're really naive. Even more naive is thinking they don't know about the dozens of other emulators for Nintendo platforms that have been on Android for years.

If you have a problem with emulators being sold because of people who infringe copyrights with ROMs then you should have a problem with movie players being sold on Android too. Because they're often (probably usually) used to watch copyrighted material. Android devices don't generally come with a way to directly play media like DVD or Blu-ray, and most copyrighted material you can obtain digitally is protected with some form of DRM.

Now how is that really any different from an emulator? You can legally rip your ROMs using some other hardware the same way you can legally rip DVDs using some other hardware. And like with ROMs, a lot of people who torrent copyrighted material also have legitimate access to it in some way (like they get it on local or cable TV and could have recorded it from there instead). And then, like with ROMs, a lot of people are just plain pirating it. That's really their problem and the consequences should be on them. Do you really think that people who make media players should be held liable for this?

I don't personally encourage anyone to pirate ROMs. Quite the opposite, I think you should support the developers and the gaming ecosystem, although these days most DS games are hard to get outside of the used market which is of more limited value to anyone. The idea that emulators are only useful for piracy is totally foreign to me. I have a 3DS (used to have a DS but it broke) and I have a bunch of games for it, but when I want to play those games I do it on my computer (using DraStic :P) because it's a better experience in a lot of ways and it's a lot easier to fit in with all the other stuff I do on the computer. If I want to play DS games away from the computer (which I usually don't, but if I did..) I'd do it with DraStic on my Pandora so long as the performance was good enough, because I'd rather carry around one system with all my games on it (and ostensibly better controls and better audio than a DS, as well as various other features) than a DS plus a bunch of games. Doing it on a phones really isn't my first choice here, but if I had to pick between a DS and a phone with a decent attachable controller I'd still pick the phone.

Finally: the mods are volunteers and are allowed to speak their own personal opinions. It doesn't matter to them if we make money or not.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:34 pm

has anyone banned that haitran dude yet? im pretty sure he has broken some rules with his Android and drastic ds hate messages. also i find it funny how he gets his shit wrecked when he says android is shit.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:17 pm

kaikun97 wrote:has anyone banned that haitran dude yet? im pretty sure he has broken some rules with his Android and drastic ds hate messages. also i find it funny how he gets his shit wrecked when he says android is shit.
Yeah, he was banned, although I wasn't aware when I made my post ;p

TnA.Plastic

Post by TnA.Plastic » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:50 pm

IMHO, the Emulator-argument wasn't even worth to/a comment thought... :lol: (in an Emulator - forum :shock: )

Android still has to improve a lot, BUT... It can... Not only feature-, but also performance-wise and I think in the long term Android has more potential in regard to both. 8-)

Infinitelyblank

Post by Infinitelyblank » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Haitran2001 wrote:Android doesn't have any potential to iOS and never close to it. While your saying me? Illegal software making shouldn't be making in the word? Copyright infringement, copying the game console data trying to run illegal games on an illegal windows android platform isn't more clear enough to count it as illegal action. I have consoles and I'm not poor like you can't get a proper DS but need a portable device on another platform to play the game.

I want to frame this post.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Exophase wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:has anyone banned that haitran dude yet? im pretty sure he has broken some rules with his Android and drastic ds hate messages. also i find it funny how he gets his shit wrecked when he says android is shit.
Yeah, he was banned, although I wasn't aware when I made my post ;p
he deserved it :P lol not the best idea to come onto a forum for android emus and then say android is crap. he got his shit wrecked- and then banned :)