Drastic DS sale?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Drastic☆
Drastic DS sale?

Post by Drastic☆ » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:58 am

Hey.
Gotta say great work for this emulator. However I would like to ask if you'll consider offering it for sale at a discounted price on the play store for a limited period.

Would love to join in but the price is a bit steep for me atm.

A great fan of your work and hope to see more wonderful stuff of yours in the future

Cheers.

kaikun97

Re: Drastic DS sale?

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:22 pm

£5.29 isnt that expensive (unless u are in US then its $8 instead) but just get a £10 play store card and your sorted

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:42 am

kaikun97 wrote:£5.29 isnt that expensive (unless u are in US then its $8 instead) but just get a £10 play store card and your sorted
This. It's a lot cheaper than a Nintento DS, don't you think?

Drastic☆

Post by Drastic☆ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:59 am

Hmmn...well.

I guess I'll stick to bootleg copies for now until I can pay for it.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:13 am

Drastic☆ wrote:Hmmn...well.

I guess I'll stick to bootleg copies for now until I can pay for it.
the real question is how much are you really willing to pay for it. it may lower at some point but as long as you see it as expensive, it doesnt matter.
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Well since a real DS costs at least £40 still (second hand), i think a fiver is pretty damn cheap. Ive actually paid for most of the emulators i own (namely n64oid...i use Mupen64 however, FPSE and drastic), thats not to say that im not immune to the old eye patch but i tend to pay for more things these days.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Even in the U.S. at $7.99 it's very reasonably priced for what it is and how regularly it's updated, as well as how stable it is. AFAIK this is the only full speed DS emulator on Android and the compatibility is amazing, on top of the devs being very responsive to issues and problems. It was coded directly for Android, not ported, and it shows.

"It's too expensive so I'll bootleg it" is a cop out. OP, somehow I doubt you'll ever buy DraStic. I mean, what would you say is a fair price for the developer's work? How low would the price have to be to entice you to pay?

I'll stop here. I feel the devs should be paid fairly for their work, and I know that places me in a minority in the emulation scene, at least outside this forum. Anything further would just be me ranting, I suppose.

beansta

Post by beansta » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:17 am

tomkatt wrote:It was coded directly for Android, not ported, and it shows.
Actually it was made for the OpenPandora console (which is linux ARM, i think) but was coded from the ground up for that handheld, and therefore was ported to android. The UI was coded from the ground up though for android.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:45 am

beansta wrote:
Actually it was made for the OpenPandora console (which is linux ARM, i think) but was coded from the ground up for that handheld, and therefore was ported to android. The UI was coded from the ground up though for android.
well, its coded with arm in mind (the NEON simd). it was ported to android yes but the compatibility is high since both pandora and android use arm extensively (except when android uses other processors like x86 or shitty ones without neon) unlike the myriad of x86 ports.
Behold my mighty

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
beansta wrote:
well, its coded with arm in mind (the NEON simd). it was ported to android yes but the compatibility is high since both pandora and android use arm extensively (except when android uses other processors like x86 or shitty ones without neon) unlike the myriad of x86 ports.
Sorry for the misinformation, but yeah, I meant it was coded for ARM and not ported from x86-64. I didn't know it was originally created for OpenPandora though, I learned something today.