Hardware keys & drastic overlay keys

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
dnyce13
Hardware keys & drastic overlay keys

Post by dnyce13 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Excuse me if this has been discussed already. I am playing Phantasy Star Zero and I have mapped rotating camera button (L trigger) to a hardware button. If you're familiar with phantasy star series, you know how viable it is to be able to move and rotate camera quickly. So my question is, are you able to move with the d-pad overlay while pressing any hardware button simultaneously? I can't seem to get it to work only when I release any overlay button I can use the hardware buttons for the function I'd like to perform. Any help would be great thanks.

Jay Haru

Re: Hardware keys & drastic overlay keys

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:47 pm

dnyce13 wrote:Excuse me if this has been discussed already. I am playing Phantasy Star Zero and I have mapped rotating camera button (L trigger) to a hardware button. If you're familiar with phantasy star series, you know how viable it is to be able to move and rotate camera quickly. So my question is, are you able to move with the d-pad overlay while pressing any hardware button simultaneously? I can't seem to get it to work only when I release any overlay button I can use the hardware buttons for the function I'd like to perform. Any help would be great thanks.
the issue may well be what is the functon of the button. pressing it prollyprevents the touchscreen to work properly
Behold my mighty

dnyce13

Re: Hardware keys & drastic overlay keys

Post by dnyce13 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:46 pm

I have it mapped to my galaxy s4's menu button which is technically speaking not a hardware button. Any ideas?

EDIT: The menu button I have mapped as L Trigger is to rotate the camera while playing as I move with the overlay d-pad. At this point I found an alternate solution by experimenting with other mappings anyhow. But for others who may want to press a hardware button and overlay button simultaneously may run into an issue.