Big Fan! Curious abot somethings with Emulator

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Jay Haru
Re: Big Fan! Curious abot somethings with Emulator

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:56 am

ChuckZ wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
ChuckZ wrote:Bummer.

So a kid with a 3DS playing pokemon black 2 can't transfer his pokemon to a 3DS playing pokemon y?
I thought the whole point with pokemon is to catch em all lol
as i said, he can transfer a generation higher. meaning he can transfer from pokemon b/w to pokemon x/y. what i mean was that you cant transfer pokemons for pokemon x/y to pokemon b/w.
Oh ok, in that case would my theory work? If I wanted to transfer to a generation higher?
Using a drastic sav to either continue my game on a rom of PkMB2
Or
Trade my pokemon to a higher generation using the same method described before?
that depends i guess on how your cart defeats nintendos AP stuff.
Behold my mighty

ChuckZ

Post by ChuckZ » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:17 am

I really appreciate all the prompt feedback, I could imagine how frustrating coding and programming must be.

Here is a link to the flash cart I was considering on using.
http://www.gateway-3ds.com

I have never owned a Nintendo Handheld since gameboy color so I wouldnt know how all this works, or even if it is possible to accomplish what I am trying to do here.

Any advice or a heads up would be appreciated, I know what tools I need to try and see if its possible such as a 3DS and this flash card. But I wouldn't know where to begin lol

Maybe it's possible to continue other DS games as well not just Pokemon.
I just don't know exactly how the mod card works? And if it actually emulates on its own or if it uses the DS.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:08 pm

You can play DS games on a 3DS with a DS flashcart and you can use DraStic saves if you convert them to that flashcart's format (there's a conversion website that supports a ton of flashcart save formats). Don't get a 3DS flashcart for this.

If you want to transfer DS Pokemon to a 3DS Pokemon game, I strongly recommend you prepare by getting real DS and 3DS pokemon carts and using flashcart tools or an NDS backup adapter to transfer the DraStic save to the real Pokemon DS cart.

ChuckZ

Post by ChuckZ » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:01 pm

Exophase wrote:You can play DS games on a 3DS with a DS flashcart and you can use DraStic saves if you convert them to that flashcart's format (there's a conversion website that supports a ton of flashcart save formats). Don't get a 3DS flashcart for this.

If you want to transfer DS Pokemon to a 3DS Pokemon game, I strongly recommend you prepare by getting real DS and 3DS pokemon carts and using flashcart tools or an NDS backup adapter to transfer the DraStic save to the real Pokemon DS cart.
Cool thanks
Highly appreciated