Droidcast

Post whatever!
NintendoGamer
Droidcast

Post by NintendoGamer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:22 am

Theres a dreamcast emulator called droidcast, it runs pretty well but it isn't released yet, because they need another developer. Is there any developers here who would help on developing droidcast?? Pleeaasse?

beeflot

Re: Droidcast

Post by beeflot » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:32 am

Are there any teaser video ?:D
(Sorry , I'm not a developer.But I'm interested in the app)

NintendoGamer

Post by NintendoGamer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:39 am

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DNrSJmQHqhA
Here it is! If you know any developers, pleeaasse tell them about this!

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:54 am

Oh, thanks .I'll watch the video when I have time.

I canl help you posting this in some forums , in which maybe some devs can see this.: )

NintendoGamer

Post by NintendoGamer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 am

Yes, please! We would all love a dreamcast emulator on android! :)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:43 pm

This thread says it all..

http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=1192.0

I knew I saw a video of nullDCe running Sonic Adventure nearly full speed a while ago, and it slowed down slightly in the first level exactly like this one did. I was perplexed when I couldn't find a link to that video, but apparently it's because it was removed. You can tell the on-screen controls look a lot like those in the last leaked nullDCe's too (just some boxes), but modified a bit. So this guy is most likely just reposting the removed nullDCe alpha video and claiming it's his emulator.

If he really wanted help I think he'd ask in more proper channels, like on emulation forums. Not just saying that in response to people asking him about what's going on. As it is now we'd have no way to contact him anyway, except through his Youtube.

Over the years I've seen more hoaxed emulators than I could keep track of, so I'm always a little skeptical when I see videos of emulators with very little information given...

zxcvbad

Post by zxcvbad » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Exophase, if you're talking about that pretty old video with sonic was on tablet (it was removed) than I suppose you're talking about PsyMan, so far as I know PsyMan knows Drk and they worked together, but drk was working on the code while PsyMan was doing more debug and patch, thats what he told me. Personally I think Drk is sort of tired, it looks like they have lot's of issues, it's not gpl so I guess they don't want to give anyone the source, that story with that leaked alpha might be a reason, I don't know, but what I can say is that whole story with nulldce is a mystery. Drk said once that he could give source to developer, but the latest reply from PsyMan was that Drk is still working on it.

P.S. Just checked video, it's the same video which was deleted, it was uploaded by PsyMan (recent video is copied), also nulldce never supported sound, leaked alpha was without sound, I guess droidcast is just renamed nulldce work in progress

stodag

Post by stodag » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:24 pm

The most resent build that psyman posted on YouTube had sound.. but yeah that droidcast was a copy.. maybe even a repacked version of nulldce.