WOAH WHAT THE HECK?

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Re: WOAH WHAT THE HECK?

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 08, 2016 9:07 am

I've heard of EvilDragon. He runs this nice little online store called DragonBox.
He's also on another forum I use, the Retrode forum (see my siggy for more details). The Retrode is this device that you can plug game cartridges and controllers into, and you can play your games using it on your PC via an emulator. It's a really cool device, ideal for dumping purposes.
Ever since the creator of the Retrode moved on from the device, EvilDragon got the liscence for it and now sells them on his store. I'm trying to save up for one but saving $100 is hard...

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:08 am

WARNING WALL OF TEXT XD :P

AHEM I saw his price and it made me staggered hard...Pyra Standard Edition 2GB RAM for USD $376.37 that's $510.91 in Australian Dollar that'd only take me 2 weeks to save up to purchase one.

I don't need it because I already got my phone with Emu and Roms and other apps CBF starting the whole transfer again it's a waste of time...at $510.91 that's half the cost of my house bills.

Now compare the Archos Gamepad 2 which will cost sharply $200 in Australian Dollar and is only $147.33 in USD with 7" screen and huge capacity battery. I recommend you get the Archos GP2 as it's in stock either 8GB or 16GB. But up to you Eric.:D

Even till now as of 2016 I didn't acknowledge the existence of these "Gamepads" until someone mentioned it in a thread. Technology is expanding so fast before I can catch up on the latest tech stuff.

As for this "Retrode Gamepad" I can't find it anywhere online...

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 08, 2016 10:58 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:As for this "Retrode Gamepad" I can't find it anywhere online...
It's not a gamepad.

This is what it is-

If you want to buy it go HERE:
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/71-retrode- ... 50091.html

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:06 am

Is that for SNES and Sega games?

That only costs $88 in Aus Dollar.

Pretty good price didn't make me stagger like the other one did...

Well if you hate hard labor...then of course saving up is tough...my part time job I try to work on the cash register , much better then shitty boring kitchen labor.

I earn average $250 a week. But hard labor earned me that lol...

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun May 08, 2016 11:10 am

retrode is basically an emulator (hardware wise) but unlike drastic, it emulates very old consoles which are already long forgotten (by todays gamers).

pyras already out, huh...
Behold my mighty

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:16 am

So basically it's like a portable console? That you plug into your PC correct?

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 08, 2016 11:26 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:So basically it's like a portable console? That you plug into your PC correct?
Yeah. You can use A Raspberry Pi instead of a PC if you want, makes it a bit more portable.
There's also adapters available for other systems.

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/134-retrode ... trode.html
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/135-retrode ... trode.html
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/137-retrode ... trode.html

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun May 08, 2016 11:26 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:So basically it's like a portable console? That you plug into your PC correct?
i think you can also plug it on your tv...
Behold my mighty

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:36 am

Wow for $100 you sure get quite a bundle with it, and many uses.

Oh man now I feel stupid I had $50 change in my bank and only used $15 for Jay, still had spare change but I put $35 dollars into this stupid paid to win game called Walking War Robots which I uninstalled after 2 days of playing...got bored...if only I kept the $35 and sent it to you via PayPal it would be been so much more worth it...as a headstart...

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 08, 2016 11:38 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:Wow for $100 you sure get quite a bundle with it, and many uses.

Oh man now I feel stupid I had $50 change in my bank and only used $15 for Jay, still had soare change but I put $35 dollars into this stupid paid to win game called Walking War Robots which I uninstalled after 2 days of playing...got bored...if only I kept the $35 and sent it to you via PayPal it would be been so much more worth it...
1) Please stop hiding, I'd like to know when you're online.
2) I personally am saving for a Retrode and the N64 plugin. The device and ALL the plugins cost more than $100, but if you just want one plugin you only need $100.