Ios port we will pay big money

Post whatever!
RealMason1291
Ios port we will pay big money

Post by RealMason1291 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Hey devs i was wondering when u guys are gonna focus on us iphone users we will pay big money if u port this over to the appstore or cydia

AsHperson

Re: Ios port we will pay big money

Post by AsHperson » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:21 pm

RealMason1291 wrote:Hey devs i was wondering when u guys are gonna focus on us iphone users we will pay big money if u port this over to the appstore or cydia
Lol, that's a good joke.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:22 pm

You can refer to the faq for details regarding the ios port. Thank you and have a nice day.
Behold my mighty

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Jay Haru wrote:You can refer to the faq for details regarding the ios port. Thank you and have a nice day.
Sorry beat you to it :lol:

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Neptune wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:You can refer to the faq for details regarding the ios port. Thank you and have a nice day.
Sorry beat you to it :lol:
Lol this isn't quickdraw tho.

For the op: I have no doubt people will pay for this app on ios. Question are how many considering jb iphones are rampant. Or are you implying that you and whoever are gonna pay the devs directly for a port?
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Im pretty sure if it ever did get a port it would be slow or almost not worth the time porting it. Even the iphone 5 only has a 1.2ghz dual core processor. About as strong as some android phones from 2011. I might be a bit biased though as i think iOS stifles inovation and should go the way of the dodo. But thats just me.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:41 pm

beansta wrote:Im pretty sure if it ever did get a port it would be slow or almost not worth the time porting it. Even the iphone 5 only has a 1.2ghz dual core processor. About as strong as some android phones from 2011. I might be a bit biased though as i think iOS stifles inovation and should go the way of the dodo. But thats just me.
Well, searched the webs and found that ip5 a6 doesn't support neon so yeah, but older phones are cortex a9 based so that's one. Iif it does have neon functions,then the emu can be reasonably optimised I guess
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:52 pm

A6 does support NEON and it'd probably run decently well on it (it's 1.3GHz but performance per clock is a lot higher than Cortex-A9, so it'd be at least comparable to 1.6GHz). But the port isn't something I can just hand off to someone else to complete, it needs a lot of my oversight, and right now I'm too busy with the Android version so it's on hold for a while. The other problem is that there's no really good way to charge for it - Cydia isn't an option anymore since PayPal blocks accounts that take money for emulators. Trying to do something like in-app purchases for this would be a support nightmare, and I'm already at my limit for support :c

Still, hope to think of something sooner or later, even if that means ad-supported only.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Aw man, I really nead to read more. But really, can't find any article suggesting a6 has neon :/ even the versus sites don't say anything about neon for the a6 :< heck even apples own site doesn't say it supports neon

UPDATE: ok found an article that a6 is basically a custom a15.
Last edited by Jay Haru on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behold my mighty