Ios port we will pay big money

Post whatever!
beeflot
Re: Ios port we will pay big money

Post by beeflot » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Exophase wrote:
beeflot wrote:Just a piece of information , Exo. I hope this can do some help.

AFAIK , PPSSPP and NDS4IOS is free for jailbreaked versions but paid for the non-jailbreaked ones
From what I understand, you can sign your own apps for your own device if you purchase the $99 developer account with Apple. This is what some people do to avoid Jailbreaking. In some way you could see it as paying (just once) but not to the app developers. I think you also need to build the app yourself, which works since these are open source, but it's not something a lot of novices will want to do.

But I don't think this changes the restriction against executing dynamically generated code. It should be possible to run both PPSSPP and nds4ios in modes without recompilers, it'll just be a lot slower than running with them. Although last I heard nds4ios hasn't gotten JIT working yet anyway.
eh, yeah, novices may not like building something...
P.S.Nds4ios used your gpsp jit before and uses lightening jit now. But there is only 5fps speedup......

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:55 pm

beeflot wrote:P.S.Nds4ios used your gpsp jit before and uses lightening jit now. But there is only 5fps speedup......
Really? I know this is the case for nds4droid but I thought the nds4ios guys couldn't get it working yet.

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Exophase wrote:
beeflot wrote:P.S.Nds4ios used your gpsp jit before and uses lightening jit now. But there is only 5fps speedup......
Really? I know this is the case for nds4droid but I thought the nds4ios guys couldn't get it working yet.
Yes, I heard that they had got it working before.(-.-) But it's really difficult, even jeff said that debugging the jit was a nightmare.Hahahaha. :mrgreen:

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm

beeflot wrote:Yes, I heard that they had got it working before.(-.-) But it's really difficult, even jeff said that debugging the jit was a nightmare.Hahahaha. :mrgreen:
Yeah debugging them is hard. Especially if you're trying to debug someone else's code.. And the more optimizations you add the more bugs you create and the harder it gets to find and fix them. The only way I could debug with DraStic is to compare the ARM recompiler with the simpler x86 one. And the only way I could get the x86 one running in the first place is by comparing it with the interpreter.

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Exophase wrote:
beeflot wrote:Yes, I heard that they had got it working before.(-.-) But it's really difficult, even jeff said that debugging the jit was a nightmare.Hahahaha. :mrgreen:
Yeah debugging them is hard. Especially if you're trying to debug someone else's code.. And the more optimizations you add the more bugs you create and the harder it gets to find and fix them. The only way I could debug with DraStic is to compare the ARM recompiler with the simpler x86 one. And the only way I could get the x86 one running in the first place is by comparing it with the interpreter.
But DraStic is still a big miracle,Exo. Even it is only for arm device. :) Thank you very much.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:00 pm

beeflot wrote:
Exophase wrote:
But DraStic is still a big miracle,Exo. Even it is only for arm device. :) Thank you very much.
Just wondering, might it be because DS hardware runs ARM in the first place?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:14 pm

AsHperson wrote:Just wondering, might it be because DS hardware runs ARM in the first place?
Not really. It makes it possible to do some things in the recompiler that you wouldn't be able to do as directly otherwise but I don't think it's a total game changer.

The bigger point is there's a ton more to emulating DS than just the CPU, even if you have the fastest CPU emulation in the world you'll be held back a lot if everything else isn't fast.

sqm9433

Post by sqm9433 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:14 pm

:) So how long does it have to release the ios port? :cry:

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:58 pm

sqm9433 wrote::) So how long does it have to release the ios port? :cry:
About 8 years

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:02 pm