Systems Owned
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running SlimBean 4.3 Build 1
LG DoublePlay with root access running stock
PSP Slim running 5.00 M33-6
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

Jay Haru

Re: Ios port we will pay big money

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:24 pm

I can just feel the love and friendship oozing from hunter and hug... which I would now forget with brain bleach...
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:08 pm

AsHperson wrote:
Exophase wrote:Honestly, we haven't moved in this direction yet at all. Pretty overwhelmed dealing with this version and getting on board a bunch of new users with the same sort of problems is not something we can handle right now. I know that I'll need to work with whoever does an iOS version both to port over some stuff that works with a Linux kernel (Pandora, Android) but won't work there, and I don't have much time for it yet.

It's possible that when it does come out it'll just be free, with zero expectation for support whatsoever, and completely handled by whichever poor soul we push it off on. Don't hold me to that though.
Hahaha, you're so merciless towards iOS.
That's because we like open systems where we can express our creativity and do as we please with. For example to actually even make an iDevice worthwhile it needs to be jailbroken at the very least. And even then its not even that good spec wise. The only reason i ever even owned an iphone 4 was because i was given it and then about 3 weeks later i swapped it for an xperia play, which for customisation and openness its generally a much better handset. And id like to see any iphone owner show me a phone working after being dropped 30 feet, like my play did.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:12 pm

beansta wrote:
AsHperson wrote:
Exophase wrote:Honestly, we haven't moved in this direction yet at all. Pretty overwhelmed dealing with this version and getting on board a bunch of new users with the same sort of problems is not something we can handle right now. I know that I'll need to work with whoever does an iOS version both to port over some stuff that works with a Linux kernel (Pandora, Android) but won't work there, and I don't have much time for it yet.

It's possible that when it does come out it'll just be free, with zero expectation for support whatsoever, and completely handled by whichever poor soul we push it off on. Don't hold me to that though.
Hahaha, you're so merciless towards iOS.
That's because we like open systems where we can express our creativity and do as we please with. For example to actually even make an iDevice worthwhile it needs to be jailbroken at the very least. And even then its not even that good spec wise. The only reason i ever even owned an iphone 4 was because i was given it and then about 3 weeks later i swapped it for an xperia play, which for customisation and openness its generally a much better handset. And id like to see any iphone owner show me a phone working after being dropped 30 feet, like my play did.
Your Play survived THAT?! Also, on the other side, Jailbreaks take forever to be released because Apple tries to lock down their device as best as they can. Although most androids from carriers now have a bootloader lock on it, its usually fairly easy to get around it if you want to get into your device and have fun.

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:36 pm

You don't even need root to have fun with Android, it's just required for a few system tweaks and applications that modify the way system processes work. What I like about Android is the ability to install applications that aren't only available on the Play Store, and that the built-in app store isn't so strict that you don't see Emulators and Adult-oriented applications on it (This is a smartphone, not a child's toy). Not to mention the developer support for it, there are so many hardware type to choose from.

Though, I kinda need root for the types of things I usually do, so if I ever get a new phone in the future I'll have to do some research (I currently have an iPhone :#).

ZMS

Post by ZMS » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 am

Exophase wrote:The other problem is that there's no really good way to charge for it - Cydia isn't an option anymore since PayPal blocks accounts that take money for emulators. Trying to do something like in-app purchases for this would be a support nightmare, and I'm already at my limit for support :c
Still, hope to think of something sooner or later, even if that means ad-supported only.
PayPal blocks accounts that take money for emulatros... Is there other ways to pay? "Ex Plus Alpha" XXX.Emu emulators(GBA.Emu, SNES9xEX, etc.) are not free on Cydia.
It seems that there are very few emulators on App Store. I think Apple doesn't like emulators.
Sorry for my poor English.
-------
Device: iPhone 4S (I am still waiting for the iOS version of DraStic...)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:14 am

ZMS wrote:PayPal blocks accounts that take money for emulatros... Is there other ways to pay? "Ex Plus Alpha" XXX.Emu emulators(GBA.Emu, SNES9xEX, etc.) are not free on Cydia.
It seems that there are very few emulators on App Store. I think Apple doesn't like emulators.
Robert Broglia's emulators aren't actually on Cydia at all anymore, precisely because of PayPal: http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/robert- ... ia-pulled/

There are other ways to charge money but Google Play is causing enough headaches for my as it is right now, I don't really want to pursue new ways of charging money.

You are right about Apple, and even if they did allow emulators to be sold on their store it'd be useless for high performance ones because recompilers/JITs can't work without jailbreaking (doesn't have the ability to mark dynamically generated code as executable).

beansta

Post by beansta » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:43 am

Your Play survived THAT?! Also, on the other side, Jailbreaks take forever to be released because Apple tries to lock down their device as best as they can. Although most androids from carriers now have a bootloader lock on it, its usually fairly easy to get around it if you want to get into your device and have fun.
Yeah long story short i used to live in a 3rd story appartment and went to put my phone on a window ledge and missed...followed by a crunch about 3 seconds later. Touchscreen was cracked but after the battery was put back in it turned on and worked fine. Just needed a replacement digitiser for asthetic purposes.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 am

Exophase wrote:
ZMS wrote:PayPal blocks accounts that take money for emulatros... Is there other ways to pay? "Ex Plus Alpha" XXX.Emu emulators(GBA.Emu, SNES9xEX, etc.) are not free on Cydia.
Robert Broglia's emulators aren't actually on Cydia at all anymore, precisely because of PayPal: http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/robert- ... ia-pulled/

There are other ways to charge money but Google Play is causing enough headaches for my as it is right now, I don't really want to pursue new ways of charging money.

You are right about Apple, and even if they did allow emulators to be sold on their store it'd be useless for high performance ones because recompilers/JITs can't work without jailbreaking (doesn't have the ability to mark dynamically generated code as executable).
Just a piece of information , Exo. I hope this can do some help.

AFAIK , PPSSPP and NDS4IOS is free for jailbreaked versions but paid for the non-jailbreaked ones

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:00 pm

beeflot wrote:Just a piece of information , Exo. I hope this can do some help.

AFAIK , PPSSPP and NDS4IOS is free for jailbreaked versions but paid for the non-jailbreaked ones
From what I understand, you can sign your own apps for your own device if you purchase the $99 developer account with Apple. This is what some people do to avoid Jailbreaking. In some way you could see it as paying (just once) but not to the app developers. I think you also need to build the app yourself, which works since these are open source, but it's not something a lot of novices will want to do.

But I don't think this changes the restriction against executing dynamically generated code. It should be possible to run both PPSSPP and nds4ios in modes without recompilers, it'll just be a lot slower than running with them. Although last I heard nds4ios hasn't gotten JIT working yet anyway.