Ios port we will pay big money

Post whatever!
Exophase
Re: Ios port we will pay big money

Post by Exophase » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Jay Haru wrote:Aw man, I really nead to read more. But really, can't find any article suggesting a6 has neon :/ even the versus sites don't say anything about neon for the a6 :<
Well, you just have to consider that the chip in the 3GS (you could call it "A3" if you want), A4, and A5, and A5X all had Cortex-A8 or Cortex-A9 processors with NEON. iOS runs native code, and if they dropped NEON support all of a sudden they'd lose a ton of compatibility. There would be public outrage if this happened. So you could say that the lack of news about A6 and NEON is the best indicator that it still has it. Although there are other sources that show this is the case as well. That, and the NEON-based renderer I wrote for PCSX-reARMed wouldn't work on it and I'm pretty sure it does.

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Exophase wrote:Still, hope to think of something sooner or later, even if that means ad-supported only.
I would make one that's covered with ads, and then in the settings make a little button that says "Remove ads", and when people click it, it will say "Get an Android Phone". :lol:

Their fault for getting such a lousy phone.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:17 am

If this does get ported, 5s users will be happy (5s is gonna be quad core) to play most games at full speed. Anyway good luck Exo on the port :)

RealMason1291

Post by RealMason1291 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Exophase wrote:A6 does support NEON and it'd probably run decently well on it (it's 1.3GHz but performance per clock is a lot higher than Cortex-A9, so it'd be at least comparable to 1.6GHz). But the port isn't something I can just hand off to someone else to complete, it needs a lot of my oversight, and right now I'm too busy with the Android version so it's on hold for a while. The other problem is that there's no really good way to charge for it - Cydia isn't an option anymore since PayPal blocks accounts that take money for emulators. Trying to do something like in-app purchases for this would be a support nightmare, and I'm already at my limit for support :c

Still, hope to think of something sooner or later, even if that means ad-supported only.
Plz help us ios guys i know a buncha guys that will pay u including me over 100$ just to see it ported to ios

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Creating posts like "plz help ios" " I need dis game" isn't helping the devs at all,they will just ignore you. Assuming you haven't read the FAQ, Exophase will work on one, but your just gonna have to wait a couple of months.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:27 pm

isn't there already a nds emu on ios you don't even need to jailbreak

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:51 pm

RealMason1291 wrote:
Exophase wrote:A6 does support NEON and it'd probably run decently well on it (it's 1.3GHz but performance per clock is a lot higher than Cortex-A9, so it'd be at least comparable to 1.6GHz). But the port isn't something I can just hand off to someone else to complete, it needs a lot of my oversight, and right now I'm too busy with the Android version so it's on hold for a while. The other problem is that there's no really good way to charge for it - Cydia isn't an option anymore since PayPal blocks accounts that take money for emulators. Trying to do something like in-app purchases for this would be a support nightmare, and I'm already at my limit for support :c

Still, hope to think of something sooner or later, even if that means ad-supported only.
Plz help us ios guys i know a buncha guys that will pay u including me over 100$ just to see it ported to ios
Please don't lie. if anything, you would also complain that 8usd is expensive for an emulator.
Behold my mighty

cloud1250000

Post by cloud1250000 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:57 am

But such accurate one is simply amazing. So 8$ for this emulator is completely normal... Hard word is normally well received ;) and a good compensation for it is completely normal.
--Current Mobile device--
Htc one ( *-* ) , Xperia play, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crappy phone)

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:15 am

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:isn't there already a nds emu on ios you don't even need to jailbreak

Very laggy though, I'm not sure if it can play 1 game up to full speed.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:18 am

Howdareme wrote:
the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:isn't there already a nds emu on ios you don't even need to jailbreak

Very laggy though, I'm not sure if it can play 1 game up to full speed.
better than nothing