Favorite DS games :-)

Post whatever!
JeaneMaggie
Favorite DS games :-)

Post by JeaneMaggie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi, I just wanted to know what is your favorite DS :ds: game. :D Also, what is your favorite genre? Go into detail.Some screenshots of your game or some other things might be nice.Yes, I know this is a bit stupid of me to ask, but I'm a bit curious about the game interests of others.

That's all. I might just find someone with similar ds games interests or find new ds titles I may become interested in.
No. No no no no no no.

ericbazinga

Re: Favorite DS games :-)

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:41 pm

JeaneMaggie wrote:Hi, I just wanted to know what is your favorite DS :ds: game. :D Also, what is your favorite genre? Go into detail.Some screenshots of your game or some other things might be nice.Yes, I know this is a bit stupid of me to ask, but I'm a bit curious about the game interests of others.

That's all. I might just find someone with similar ds games interests or find new ds titles I may become interested in.
First off, nice to meet you! It's nice to meet another average-geek with interests in emulation. :-)
I think you'll very soon find out that everyone likes Pokémon. As for me, I enjoy puzzle and strategy games (Tetris for the win!), as well as classics like Mario Kart DS and Brain Age. My absolute favorite DS game is a hidden gem called Robocalypse, which is a strategy game involving robotic armies battling against each other. You should try it (i'd post a link to a ROM download for it, but that's against the rules here).

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

JeaneMaggie

Post by JeaneMaggie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:45 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
JeaneMaggie wrote:Hi, I just wanted to know what is your favorite DS :ds: game. :D Also, what is your favorite genre? Go into detail.Some screenshots of your game or some other things might be nice.Yes, I know this is a bit stupid of me to ask, but I'm a bit curious about the game interests of others.

First off, nice to meet you! It's nice to meet another average-geek with interests in emulation. :-)
I think you'll very soon find out that everyone likes Pokémon. As for me, I enjoy puzzle and strategy games (Tetris for the win!), as well as classics like Mario Kart DS and Brain Age. My absolute favorite DS game is a hidden gem called Robocalypse, which is a strategy game involving robotic armies battling against each other. You should try it (i'd post a link to a ROM download for it, but that's against the rules here).
I own most of those titles! :D My favorite puzzle ds game is Bust-a-Move DS!

I might look into Robocalypse. I do like strategy games with armies. (Fire Emblem. Pokemon Conquest.)
No. No no no no no no.

JeaneMaggie

Post by JeaneMaggie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:49 pm

I'm sorry to rant, but here's my absolute favorite ds title!

7th Dragon!

I was so excited when I Japanese imported it and applied the English patch as soon as it was dumped.

Id include a screenshot, but the screenshot is way to large of a file.
No. No no no no no no.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:07 am

JeaneMaggie wrote:I'm sorry to rant, but here's my absolute favorite ds title!

7th Dragon!

I was so excited when I Japanese imported it and applied the English patch as soon as it was dumped.

I think i recently acquired this one.

Most games i Play are JRPG (not pokemon tho, we have tons of poketards already) or Tactical RPG (like FFTA2)

I did some testing for some games to see if we can replicate errors being reported when drastic was in its infancy so i had played some other games too.

I would say i liked playing FF tactics advance 2 as well as the harvest moon and rune factory.

I would always put storylines first before anything else (hence my personal hatred for FPS)
Behold my mighty

JeaneMaggie

Post by JeaneMaggie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:32 am

Jay Haru wrote:
JeaneMaggie wrote:I'm sorry to rant, but here's my absolute favorite ds title!

7th Dragon!

I think i recently acquired this one.

Most games i Play are JRPG (not pokemon tho, we have tons of poketards already) or Tactical RPG (like FFTA2)

I did some testing for some games to see if we can replicate errors being reported when drastic was in its infancy so i had played some other games too.

I would say i liked playing FF tactics advance 2 as well as the harvest moon and rune factory.

I would always put storylines first before anything else (hence my personal hatred for FPS)
I also adore JRPGs. I always wanted to play Rune Factory, but each time I went to go buy it physically, it was never there. I can't just order it online like I did with 7th Dragon. I won't resort to illegal downloading. Importing 7th Dragon took a lot of talking it through with my parents (I'm an older teen).

This is my philosophy on Pokémon: If you have played one Pokémon game, you have played them all. I did enjoy them in my childhood though.
No. No no no no no no.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:19 am

If we are talking on the actual DS hardware I would have to give a slight edge to TWEWY (the world ends with you). The only thing is maybe from playing it too much on the DS I just can not find a satisfactory control scheme for my tablet (including screen layout too). So on DraStic I don't generally play it.

On DraStic I have to fall back on the puzzle/VN sleeper classic Ghost Trick. With beautiful art design, great character devolpment, engaging story and one of the best non gimmicky uses for the touch screen (better then most Nintendo first party titles), Ghost Trick is honestly the reason I bought DraStic. Capcom in it's infinite stupidity decided to only support apple products with it's conversions of DS games to mobile so if I wanted to play Phoenix Wright or GT on android then I needed a DS emulator.

Aside from those 2 titles I own quite a few RPGs/TRPG, a large number of puzzle games (Professor Layton series/ Ace Attorney/Scribblenauts/others), Card Fighters Clash DS (though I can't dump my copy or play it on my Real DS since I got the copy with the game breaking bug before they recalled and rereleased a patched version, it is my favorite neogeo pocket series), Castlevania series.... though to be honest they are not much better then the GBA series, and some really odd games (Tokimeki Memorial series, Inazuma eleven, infinite space, 999, Myst, VNDS homebrew, and a few other odds and ends I either imported from Japan, or Europe)

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:31 am

In my case I play whatever it is that interests me. I'm into American Girl dolls as some of you might know, hence why I filed bug reports for the two DS games i.e. Julie and Kit as most emulators couldn't render them properly.

I did play some Pokemon and a few others though, as a result of being a guinea pig of sorts for testing various titles.

fenixikki

Post by fenixikki » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:43 pm

For me, Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
Genre: RPG
Attachments
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
aaaaaaaaa.jpg (29.54KiB)Viewed 17250 times

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:47 pm

fenixikki wrote:For me, Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
Genre: RPG
I bought this game years ago but I didn't play it very far, partly because I don't really like actually playing games on a real DS (at this time even DS emulation on PCs wasn't in a really great position for me) and I got lost in some early dungeon.

Maybe I should play it now in DraStic on my Linux desktop >_>