Some Creepy(pasta) Stories For Halloween!

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Some Creepy(pasta) Stories For Halloween!

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:37 am

Happy Halloween, all! :twisted:
I found a link to an article containing some very spooky Creepypastas: http://www.nintendojo.com/features/spec ... reepypasta
However, the site likes to troll you for some reason (sending you to Google Play listings and not letting you go back to the article), so if you can read the article, that's fine. If not, i'm posting them below.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Re: Some Creepy(pasta) Stories For Halloween!

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:47 am

Super Mario 64: Damned
The story of “Super Mario 64: Damned” opens up with a man and his girlfriend looking to buy a Nintendo 64 and a copy of Mario’s first 3D outing. The man’s uncle owns a video game store, so they went there and found both a Nintendo 64 and the last copy of Super Mario 64 sitting in a bin. But before they left to go play, his uncle explained that roughly 15 different people already bought that same game and console, but they all returned it back to him. Three of those people warned him that they were evil devices made in hell, which the couple ignored against their better judgement.

Eager to start playing, they dived into their new video game. Upon seeing four old save files, they attempted to delete them. However, each time they tried to do so, the game retaliated with a high pitched scream. After cleaning the cartridge of dust in an attempt to solve this problem, they found that the save files were all gone. So, they started a new game and found that everything was back to normal.

But unfortunately, once they got back to the castle, they heard the loud pitch screaming once more. Once it stopped, they looked up at the TV and noticed that they were at a twisted version of Big Boo’s Haunt filled with a bunch of figures hanging from the ceiling. While exploring, one of those figures fell down:

It was a depiction of Mario… with a noose around his neck. We both yelled out and I dropped the controller on the floor; I moved back as quickly as possible. Mario’s clothes were ripped all over, exposing several parts of his body. Underneath the clothes we could make out stab wounds from either a knife or a dagger which more than likely caused the blood splatter all over his skin and remaining clothing. But the most grotesque part of the image were his eyelids and mouth, sewn shut with blood trickling down his cheeks and chin. I was appalled at the gruesome sight, my heart was racing, and I would swear to this day that at the moment the dead Mario fell from the top of the screen that I heard something run into my bedroom. All of the hung figures were of Mario, all the exact same, with eyelids and mouth sown shut and stab wounds all over their bodies. I worked up all the courage I could muster, I again unplugged the N64, which turned off, but not at that instant. Before the TV screen went black the hung Mario’s face, underneath his sewn lips… was smirking at us.

After seeing this grotesque image, the girlfriend unplugged the system and said that they need to get rid of it in the morning. She went upstairs to fall asleep, but the man was compelled to keep playing. When he plugged the system back in, it turned itself back on and the save files that were deleted were back! Upon opening file 4, he saw Mario laying in a pool of his own blood. After quickly getting out of the file, he tried file 3 and was greeted to an image of Mario being strangled by his own tongue.

File 2 was no better, as he saw a depiction of Peach and Toad with their skin ripped off inside a demented version of the castle. A black mass began to wrap a noose around Mario’s neck, and tortured him by sewing his eyelids and mouth shut. He was brought back to the title screen once Mario died, except this time, the floating Mario head shown was the same one from file 2; it was lifeless and had the same creepy smirk from before.

At this point, the man debated if he should continue, but his curiosity got the better of him. He needed to find out what was in that last file. So, he once again went to Big Boo’s Haunt and came across another figure hanging from the ceiling, which was different from all the others. Upon examining it, he became shocked:

That man, in all of his pain, was me. He let out a scream, something haunting and bone shilling, a wail like nothing that I had ever heard. The screen began to flicker and turn to static, I tried to turn off the system, I tried to unplug it and nothing worked, the TV wouldn’t even turn off. I saw my corpse through the static burning as it’s haunting wail had yet to cease. Mario turned his head 180 degrees and looked at the screen, and with a smirk on his face let out a wail just like I did. My head began to hurt and throb, I fell to the floor, and the last thing that I remember from that night was seeing a black mass hovering over me.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:48 am

Pokémon Creepy Black

“Pokémon Creepy Black” is a tale that went viral in 2010, which was before the release of the actual Pokémon Black on DS. So, to clear possible confusion, this has nothing to do with the DS game and revolves around a hacked version of Pokémon Red instead. The picture above is allegedly what the cartridge looked like, which the person bought at a flea market.

In this hacked game, you could select Ghost as a starter Pokémon in addition to Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander. Ghost had the sprite used for wild Pokémon in Lavender Tower if the player didn’t have the Sliph Scope, and even had the Curse move that was introduced in Generation II. Here’s what the owner of Pokémon Creepy Black said about Ghost’s abilities:

Defending Pokémon were unable to attack Ghost — it would only say they were too scared to move. When the move “Curse” was used in battle, the screen would cut to black. The cry of the defending Pokémon would be heard, but it was distorted, played at a much lower pitch than normal. The battle screen would then reappear, and the defending Pokémon would be gone. If used in a battle against a trainer, when the Pokéballs representing their Pokemon would appear in the corner, they would have one fewer Pokéball.

The implication was that the Pokémon died.

What’s even stranger is that after defeating a trainer and seeing “Red received $200 for winning!”, the battle commands would appear again. If you selected “Run”, the battle would end as it normally does. You could also select Curse. If you did, upon returning to the overworld, the trainer’s sprite would be gone. After leaving and reentering the area, the spot [where] the trainer had been would be replaced with a tombstone like the ones at Lavender Tower.

Because using Curse made the game really easy, this person used it throughout the entire game and eventually became the Elite Four champion. But after viewing the Hall of Fame, a text box appeared that said “Many years later…” Then, it cut to his character looking at tombstones in Lavender Town as an old man. The entire world was empty, except for the tombstones that were created by the player previously, and no Pokémon were present in the party. No matter where the old man went, the Lavender Town song remained on infinite loop.

After much traveling, the player arrived at Pallet Town and went inside his house. After the screen cut to black, sprites of various Pokémon and Trainers were shown, each of which had suffered from Curse. As this went on, the Lavender Town track decreased in pitch and created an unsettling ambiance. With another cut to black, the game switched over to a battle sequence:

Ghost appeared on the other side, along with the words “GHOST wants to fight!”

You couldn’t use items, and you had no Pokémon. If you tried to run, you couldn’t escape. The only option was “FIGHT”.

Using fight would immediately cause you to use Struggle, which didn’t affect Ghost but did chip off a bit of your own HP. When it was Ghost’s turn to attack, it would simply say “…” Eventually, when your HP reached a critical point, Ghost would finally use Curse.

The screen cut to black a final time.

Regardless of the buttons you pressed, you were permanently stuck in this black screen. At this point, the only thing you could do was turn the Game Boy off. When you played again, “NEW GAME” was the only option — the game had erased the file.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:51 am

Haunted Majora’s Mask

“Haunted Majora’s Mask” is by far one of the most famous video game creepypasta ever created. While most creepypasta only have a text story or a single picture, “Haunted Majora’s Mask” had videos to back up its claims and provided blog updates that pushed the tale to be more believable. Plus, Majora’s Mask is a creepy game to begin with, so it was the perfect game to create the setting of a scary story. Given the huge length of the story, I’ll only cover the first blog post here.

The poster, named Jadusable, was looking to build his Nintendo 64 collection, so he went garage sale hunting and came across one in his area with an old man. There, he found a cartridge with the word “Majora” written on it in black permanent marker. The man explained that it used to belong to someone who didn’t live there anymore, and gave it to Jaudsable for free. Excited that it could potentially be a beta or pirated version of the game, he gladly took the cartridge.

When he turned on the game, he saw that a save file titled “BEN” was already on the cartridge. He originally kept it on file out of respect for the previous owner, but he deleted it after characters in the game started calling him Ben in his own save file. Once he did that, they stopped calling him by any kind of name, but he pressed on anyway.

While working on Snowhead Temple, Jaudsable decided to execute the fourth day glitch that would allow him to have an extra day of time over the usual three day period. But by doing the glitch, the game took him to the final boss area with Skull Kid just watching him. A text box eventually popped up and read “Go to the lair of the temple’s boss? Yes/No,” and he selected yes when he realized the game prevented him from choosing no.

The game screen now showed “Dawn of a New Day” with the subtext “||||||||.” Jaudsable now found himself back in Clock Town with no people, missing textures that made it look like he was walking in the air, and the Song of Healing playing in reverse. Feeling alone and depressed, he tried to warp out of the town with his Ocarina but the game wouldn’t let him:

I don’t know why, but I came up with the idea that maybe if I drowned myself at the Laundry Pool I could spawn somewhere else and leave this place.

As I zoned in and ran towards the pool, that’s when it happened. Link grabbed his head, and the screen flashed for a brief moment of the Happy Mask Salesman smiling at me – not Link – me with Skull Kid’s scream playing in the background and when the screen returned I was staring at the Link Statue from playing the song Elegy of Emptiness. I screamed as the thing just stared back at me with that haunting facial expression.

The statue followed him wherever he went, constantly respawning behind him. It chased Link down faster and faster until the screen read “Dawn of a New Day” with the subtext “||||||||” once more. This time, he found himself facing Skull Kid on top of Clock Tower with the Stone Tower Temple theme playing in reverse. Jaudsable tried attacking him with different weapons, but he would lift Link in the air and set him on fire to kill him every single time. On his final attempt, he tried to play the Song of Time but Link once again died by Skull Kids flames:

As the death screen neared its end, it began to chug, as if the cartridge was trying to process a lot of something…. When the screen came to, it was the same scene as the first three times, except this time Link was lying on the ground dead in a position I had never seen in the game before, his head tilted towards the camera, with the Skull Kid floating above him. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t press any buttons, all I could do is just stare at Link’s dead body. After around thirty seconds of this, the game simply fades out with the message “You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you?” before kicking you out to the title screen.

Upon getting back to the title screen and starting again, I noticed my save file was no longer there. Instead of “Link”, it was replaced with “YOUR TURN”. “YOUR TURN” had 3 hearts, 0 masks, and no items. I selected “YOUR TURN” and immediately when I did I was returned to the Clock Tower Rooftop scene of my Link dead and the Skull Kid hovering over, with the Skull Kid’s laughing looping again and again. I quickly hit the reset button and when the game booted up again there was one more save file added, below “YOUR TURN”, entitled “BEN”. “BEN”‘s save file is right back where it was before I deleted it, at the Stone Tower Temple with the moon almost crashing.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:54 pm

Gees...I've read about the Lavender Town Syndrome...but there is a lot of tales on the internet...These are downright weird.