3DS Emulator for Android?

Post whatever!
Exophase
Re: 3DS Emulator for Android?

Post by Exophase » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Fefo wrote:Thanks Exo, that's the post I was looking for. Any progress that could change what you said? It's hard to see any difference.
I don't think so, and I don't think I'd really have that much to offer anyway. Outside of ARM recompilers I guess. But it's not like DS emulation where I could at least build on experience with GBA emulation, even if it was a ton more than that.

Give it time, there's a good chance some group of people will tackle an ARM/Android optimized Citra port when it gets more mature. It's a lot like PPSSPP.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:43 am

No worry.

PPSSPP was predated, and took a lot, from JPCSP, no? Maybe Citra won't even be it's final form.

What I can't wait is to play Demon Souls on high resolution... one frame per minute on my PC...
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:50 am

Fefo wrote:Do you know where? I think they were talking about PC.

If someone create an ARM-based 3DS emulator maybe the requirements will be lower. What's Exophase position again?
Yes they said pc.. But since devices like nvidia shield TV can run more and more GameCube games at full speed 3ds should be similar..

Super Marluxia

Post by Super Marluxia » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:45 pm

You need to wait 3-5 years from now... There is a new gpu named "vulkan" that rendered badass graphics which is same with consoles "PS4" "Xbox One" so i think 3DS emulator is possible...

you know the future is near to the apocalypse... lol

check the new smartphone samsung gpu S7 that support vulkan..

:o :o :shock:

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:54 am

Super Marluxia wrote:You need to wait 3-5 years from now... There is a new gpu named "vulkan" that rendered badass graphics which is same with consoles "PS4" "Xbox One" so i think 3DS emulator is possible...

Before vulkan (a new api... not gpu) can come in and make all the new cellphones PS4s and Xbox Ones, Nintendo 3DS emulation will have to improve massively. So it is possible that in 3-5 years Citra or some other unknown 3DS emulator (future so who knows) might be far enough along to even be worth trying to port to android or maybe some other cellphone device (or implanted VR chip in our brains, future right).

The point is that even on PC 3DS emulation is really really early and not ready to be attempted to be ported to anything let alone cellphones, yet. Also that in 3-5 years Vulkan might not exist anymore, heck cellphones as we know them might not exist anymore. In 5 years we went from blackberry phones to iPhone 5/5s, who knows what will happen 5 years from now?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:52 am

TkSilver wrote:
Super Marluxia wrote:You need to wait 3-5 years from now... There is a new gpu named "vulkan" that rendered badass graphics which is same with consoles "PS4" "Xbox One" so i think 3DS emulator is possible...

Before vulkan (a new api... not gpu) can come in and make all the new cellphones PS4s and Xbox Ones, Nintendo 3DS emulation will have to improve massively. So it is possible that in 3-5 years Citra or some other unknown 3DS emulator (future so who knows) might be far enough along to even be worth trying to port to android or maybe some other cellphone device (or implanted VR chip in our brains, future right).

The point is that even on PC 3DS emulation is really really early and not ready to be attempted to be ported to anything let alone cellphones, yet. Also that in 3-5 years Vulkan might not exist anymore, heck cellphones as we know them might not exist anymore. In 5 years we went from blackberry phones to iPhone 5/5s, who knows what will happen 5 years from now?

Simple answer:

Behold my mighty

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
TkSilver wrote:

Simple answer:

You seem to be the best at memes in this forum :P

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:45 am

i do my best :D
Behold my mighty