3DS Emulator for Android?

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
3DS Emulator for Android?

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Can you guys recommend any 3DS emulators for Android? I don't care about speeds, I just want to play 3DS games on my phone.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Fefo

Re: 3DS Emulator for Android?

Post by Fefo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:08 pm

3DS emulation is on it's early states, where booting a game is an achievement. Dunno how much time developers need to make emulators with any semblance of playability for end users, but 5-10 years is a good guess.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:12 am

Fefo wrote:3DS emulation is on it's early states, where booting a game is an achievement. Dunno how much time developers need to make emulators with any semblance of playability for end users, but 5-10 years is a good guess.
Booting a game?? Playing a game* maybe not full frames. But the progress has been amazing; I expect it to play some games full speed in the next 1-2 years..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yhLEs4yEmlU

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f45uShP7gfE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qe2xR7S1Kws

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:30 am

I'm aware of the progress, but most games are still slow, soundless, buggy and simply unplayable in most cases. And AFAIK there's no Android branch on Citra.

*SOME* games might be fully emulated untill 2016, but until it reach a mature state like DrasStic or many others it'll take time.

For now I'm curious of the hardware requirements. Aside from very simple games, is there today a device capable of running a 3DS 100%?
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:49 am

Fefo wrote:For now I'm curious of the hardware requirements. Aside from very simple games, is there today a device capable of running a 3DS 100%?
Maybe an Nvidia Shield TV. It's the most powerful Android device out there, and it runs Gamecube/Wii games in Dolphin pretty well.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:19 pm

Fefo wrote:I'm aware of the progress, but most games are still slow, soundless, buggy and simply unplayable in most cases. And AFAIK there's no Android branch on Citra.

*SOME* games might be fully emulated untill 2016, but until it reach a mature state like DrasStic or many others it'll take time.

For now I'm curious of the hardware requirements. Aside from very simple games, is there today a device capable of running a 3DS 100%?
The citra devs said expect dolphin like requirements so yes.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:20 am

Do you know where? I think they were talking about PC.

If someone create an ARM-based 3DS emulator maybe the requirements will be lower. What's Exophase position again?
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:21 am

Fefo wrote:Do you know where? I think they were talking about PC.

If someone create an ARM-based 3DS emulator maybe the requirements will be lower. What's Exophase position again?
http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/178 ... /?p=377595

ARM doesn't really make a huge difference. It's possibly preferable to target AArch64 anyway, which is a lot different from the 32-bit ARMv6 in 3DS.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:45 am

You're right about the Xbox being a pain to HLE, too. The original intent was to execute the game as if it was a typical Windows binary, but different XDK libraries within the games added up to the challenge.

But the thing here is, getting a 3DS emulator to operate DraStic-style would be golden. I'm not sure if having twice the computational power of the PSP would make any huge difference, but would that make it any less painful to emulate on an average high-end device?

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:54 pm

Thanks Exo, that's the post I was looking for. Any progress that could change what you said? It's hard to see any difference.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH