Having trouble with my MOGA controller.

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Having trouble with my MOGA controller.

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:10 pm

I'm having an issue with my MOGA Pocket controller. The issue has nothing to do with DraStic, it's about the controller not connecting.
My controller was working just fune until the battery died. After replacing the batteries with fresh ones, I turned it on and opened up the Pivot app. Normally, the controller would connect in about 8 seconds, but now it's not connecting AT ALL. The controller turns on and that light blinks, but that's about it.
Anyone got any ideas?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TkSilver

Re: Having trouble with my MOGA controller.

Post by TkSilver » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:19 pm

If it does not have persistant memory or a working backup battery it may have cleared the the bluetooth pairing. Try deleting the paring in you device and repair

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:32 pm

TkSilver wrote:If it does not have persistant memory or a working backup battery it may have cleared the the bluetooth pairing. Try deleting the paring in you device and repair
Did that, wont repair.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:04 pm

So you did this
My MOGA doesn’t seem to be working ~OR~ I would like to connect a new MOGA Controller to a device that was previously paired with a different MOGA Controller, how can I do this?

NOTE: You will need to be in the MOGA Pivot App to do this. Launch the Pivot App and go to the main screen. You may need to select “SKIP” from the initial screens and then pick “Continue to Pivot” when prompted.

Once at the main Pivot screen, select the gear icon from the top right corner and then select “Synced MOGA Controller” from the MOGA Settings Menu. This will show the currently synced MOGA.
Select “UnSync” to begin the process of removing the current MOGA from your device.
When you see, “Are you sure you want to unsync this MOGA Controller?” Select “UnSync” from the options provided.
After the MOGA Controller has been unsynced, you will then see the “Sync New MOGA Controller” option. Select this option to begin syncing a new MOGA with your device.
You will then see a pop-up box asking “Are you sure you want to sync new MOGA Controller?” To accept, select “Sync”. You will then be walked through all necessary steps to sync MOGA with your device.
I looked up how to wipe out a previous moga pairing.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:25 pm

TkSilver wrote:So you did this
My MOGA doesn’t seem to be working ~OR~ I would like to connect a new MOGA Controller to a device that was previously paired with a different MOGA Controller, how can I do this?

NOTE: You will need to be in the MOGA Pivot App to do this. Launch the Pivot App and go to the main screen. You may need to select “SKIP” from the initial screens and then pick “Continue to Pivot” when prompted.

Once at the main Pivot screen, select the gear icon from the top right corner and then select “Synced MOGA Controller” from the MOGA Settings Menu. This will show the currently synced MOGA.
Select “UnSync” to begin the process of removing the current MOGA from your device.
When you see, “Are you sure you want to unsync this MOGA Controller?” Select “UnSync” from the options provided.
After the MOGA Controller has been unsynced, you will then see the “Sync New MOGA Controller” option. Select this option to begin syncing a new MOGA with your device.
You will then see a pop-up box asking “Are you sure you want to sync new MOGA Controller?” To accept, select “Sync”. You will then be walked through all necessary steps to sync MOGA with your device.
Yeah pretty much.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:27 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
TkSilver wrote:So you did this

Yeah pretty much.
I finally got the controller to repair. Apparently not using the controller for a few days helps.