Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post whatever!
User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1122
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:09 am

News has been flooding in all over the Internet that Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has died of cancer at the age of 55. :cry:
I've taken the liberty of grabbing the URL for one of these articles for you: http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/n ... 55-n390901

This thread is dedicated to remembering Iwata and the great games (and consoles) he helped create.
Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. Your work will not be forgotten... :cry:
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#9215 (active daily)
Reddit: u/Ericbazinga (active daily)
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx (pretty much defunct)

Exophase
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by Exophase » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:25 pm

It's very sad news. I had no idea he even had health issues. He was much too young.

I didn't know this but before becoming CEO of Nintendo he worked with Hal on titles like Kirby and Mother, two of my favorite Nintendo franchises. He was there all the way back in the early 80s contributing to Game & Watch and early NES games. And he played an instrumental role in founding Creatures and early development of Pokemon, which as we all know is near and dear to many here. It's not much consolation, but at least no one can deny how accomplished he was for his age and how much he contributed to gaming.

User avatar
kaikun97
Posts: 581
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am
Location: England

Re: Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Even Sony and Microsoft are paying respects over his passing away. It just shows that he truly was (and always was) a great and important figure in the gaming industry. Nintendo is still the best to me and Satoru Iwata will truly be missed by all gamers alike.

User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1122
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:53 pm

I went on YouTube, and found that gamexplain posted an amazing tribute video for Satoru Iwata:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... DD5JHRVPPM
I am not joking when I say this video made me cry. :cry:

(And before you call me names, watch the video and see if you don't get teary-eyed.)
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#9215 (active daily)
Reddit: u/Ericbazinga (active daily)
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx (pretty much defunct)

reeve
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by reeve » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:19 pm

I really enjoyed reading his "Iwata Asks". Iwata was not only a great CEO, he was a great programmer. I'll miss him.

User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1122
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:22 pm

reeve wrote:I really enjoyed reading his "Iwata Asks". Iwata was not only a great CEO, he was a great programmer. I'll miss him.
Yeah they're probably gonna cancel Iwata Asks. Sorry but you can't have Iwata Asks without Iwata.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#9215 (active daily)
Reddit: u/Ericbazinga (active daily)
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx (pretty much defunct)

reeve
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by reeve » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:06 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
reeve wrote:I really enjoyed reading his "Iwata Asks". Iwata was not only a great CEO, he was a great programmer. I'll miss him.
Yeah they're probably gonna cancel Iwata Asks. Sorry but you can't have Iwata Asks without Iwata.
Well, the Japanese title is actually 「社長が訊く」(Shachou ga kiku), which means "The President Asks". I guess they can continue it with the new president(and I hope they do), but it won't be the same without Iwata.

Jay Haru
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:15 am

reeve wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
reeve wrote:I really enjoyed reading his "Iwata Asks". Iwata was not only a great CEO, he was a great programmer. I'll miss him.
Yeah they're probably gonna cancel Iwata Asks. Sorry but you can't have Iwata Asks without Iwata.
Well, the Japanese title is actually 「社長が訊く」(Shachou ga kiku), which means "The President Asks". I guess they can continue it with the new president(and I hope they do), but it won't be the same without Iwata.
Wonder who is gonna be next in line. Maybe Shigeru Miyamoto? he looks kinda cool to be prez seeing as he created the Mario franchise which is one of the bread and butter for Nintendo
Behold my mighty
Image

User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1122
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:27 am

Jay Haru wrote:Wonder who is gonna be next in line. Maybe Shigeru Miyamoto? he looks kinda cool to be prez seeing as he created the Mario franchise which is one of the bread and butter for Nintendo
Although Miyamoto as president would be cool, i'd rather it be someone else.
If Miyamoto was elected president, he wouldn't have time to make his awesome games. Keeping Miyamoto at his current rank would be a better idea for Nintendo.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#9215 (active daily)
Reddit: u/Ericbazinga (active daily)
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx (pretty much defunct)

reeve
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Satoru Iwata just died :'(

Post by reeve » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:35 am

I think Miyamoto prefers to keep creating games and I think they rather have a younger president...
They will probably want a Japanese president, so Reggie is also out...

Post Reply