What else is Exophase working on?

Post whatever!
TkSilver
Re: What else is Exophase working on?

Post by TkSilver » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:49 pm

[Satire] If Exophase and Lordus really wanted to make money they would make DraStic free but then add hundreds of adds especially over wherever you place the touchpad screen (you get more auto redirecting clicks that way). Then they would charge $5.99 for a pack of 5 savestates and $24.99 for a pack of 25 (because you know savings). You could only have one game's rom and .sav file on the system unless you bought some convenient extra game slots for $1.99 each or $99.99 for unlimited. Also so "loyal fans" do not have to deal with the ads they would offer ad removal for $7.99. [Satire]

Of course if they did this they would have to change the uploader name to gameloft/squaresoft(square enix)/king/supercell/ (kinda sad it is so easy to name companies thst do this....)/ ect....

This is what I always think when I read that ppl want a free version and I am very glad DraStic did not go down this path.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:03 am

Fefo wrote:Does DraStic make a reasonable revenue? It's a niche product on a market with (teorically, dunno about ratio) less paying customers, so in my eyes it's easy to reach saturation.
Normally I'd be hesitant to give sales numbers, but it actually says very roughly what they are on the Google Play page: currently it's in the 500,000 to 1,000,000 category. Actual sales are currently much much closer to the smaller of those two numbers.

I figured it'd sell over 100,000 in the first year just based on the sales figures of other emulators and the overall position it has, but I didn't think it'd do this well, and I didn't think it'd keep selling so steadily for so long.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:15 am

Exophase wrote:
Fefo wrote:Does DraStic make a reasonable revenue? It's a niche product on a market with (teorically, dunno about ratio) less paying customers, so in my eyes it's easy to reach saturation.
Normally I'd be hesitant to give sales numbers, but it actually says very roughly what they are on the Google Play page: currently it's in the 500,000 to 1,000,000 category. Actual sales are currently much much closer to the smaller of those two numbers.

I figured it'd sell over 100,000 in the first year just based on the sales figures of other emulators and the overall position it has, but I didn't think it'd do this well, and I didn't think it'd keep selling so steadily for so long.
actually if you look at it from a different perspective, its like you struck gold on this one. i doubt other emulators (paid or donate ware) had had such success in terms of price to sale ratio and even if you say its only about 400,000 sales just imagine multiplying it to the price minus the google tax.
Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:28 am

Jay Haru wrote:only desmume is able to match it but then, its on a pc.
Really? Because I have desumme on my laptop, and it sucks.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:57 am

TkSilver wrote:[Satire] If Exophase and Lordus really wanted to make money they would make DraStic free but then add hundreds of adds especially over wherever you place the touchpad screen (you get more auto redirecting clicks that way). Then they would charge $5.99 for a pack of 5 savestates and $24.99 for a pack of 25 (because you know savings). You could only have one game's rom and .sav file on the system unless you bought some convenient extra game slots for $1.99 each or $99.99 for unlimited. Also so "loyal fans" do not have to deal with the ads they would offer ad removal for $7.99. [Satire]

Of course if they did this they would have to change the uploader name to gameloft/squaresoft(square enix)/king/supercell/ (kinda sad it is so easy to name companies thst do this....)/ ect....

This is what I always think when I read that ppl want a free version and I am very glad DraStic did not go down this path.
And then there are modded APKs made to circumvent paywalls and other such stuff, which would add even more to the issues.

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:22 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Really? Because I have desumme on my laptop, and it sucks.
DeSmuME is demanding and needs at least decent hardware to play at full speed, but it's the most accurate DS emulator out there. It's also open source, which is always nice.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Sean wrote:
DeSmuME is demanding and needs at least decent hardware to play at full speed, but it's the most accurate DS emulator out there. It's also open source, which is always nice.
You're right, the issue is probably my laptop. My Acer Aspire wasn't built for gaming, but I expect it to have a decent processor and stuff.
I don't get it, I see loads of people on YouTube and things like that, running emulators (Dolphin for example) perfectly on laptops about the same grade or so as mine, but I can barely run Mario Kart, much less Super Smash Bros. :(

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:38 am

ericbazinga wrote:
Sean wrote:
You're right, the issue is probably my laptop. My Acer Aspire wasn't built for gaming, but I expect it to have a decent processor and stuff.
I don't get it, I see loads of people on YouTube and things like that, running emulators (Dolphin for example) perfectly on laptops about the same grade or so as mine, but I can barely run Mario Kart, much less Super Smash Bros. :(
I only have Intel Pentium G3250 (3.2GHz 64bit dual core) CPU and even the hi-res 3D version of Desmume runs fi e with no lag so you dont really need a powerful PC