The Easy Way Out?

Post whatever!
huckleberrypie
Re: The Easy Way Out?

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:10 am

Not to mention they're made by fraudsters desperate for a quick buck.

At least you're a well-meaning young lad, which is a good thing; not everyone who's into Pokemon is an obnoxious fanboi, but the ones that do account for why the Desmume authors have a low opinion on the series. The only reason why Jay seemingly bashed you was that it nigh impossible to do what you suggested, even if you have the source codes to the games.

theXavier

Post by theXavier » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:35 am

Yeah,
Sorry for exaggerating. The only reason why I'm offended is the fact I was called intellectually challenged (a lot of people calls me that, I just say things that are too advanced for them then they call me crazy, and if I was challenged, how did I log in here then posted)
About the emulator, I'm really desperate to have one. I'm actually going to buy one at my birthday next year. I really wish there was a working emulator ('coz the real 3DS at where I'm living costs P8000 then a game costs P2000) cause I want to spend it on other things (like food, a new phone, a gift to my crush at her birthday, etc..)
Also does Citra work?!? I don't have access to a pc (my aunt hides the adapter) and my friend is currently setting it up...

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:20 am

Citra's still in its early stages of development. It'll take years before we see significant progress with emulating 3DS games on this thing, not to mention it would likely call for a very fast PC.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:50 am

huckleberrypie wrote:Citra's still in its early stages of development. It'll take years before we see significant progress with emulating 3DS games on this thing, not to mention it would likely call for a very fast PC.
And by fast, its prolly some server level pc unless another exophase exists that can create a code optimised enough to make it work.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:28 am

Jay Haru wrote:And by fast, its prolly some server level pc unless another exophase exists that can create a code optimised enough to make it work.
I actually see 3DS as being a lot like PSP in terms of what sort of hardware it has. Except the GPU, that's probably significantly more capable, but that might not make a big difference if it's offloaded to a GPU in emulation. Investigation right now is heavily focused on HLE, like with PSP emulation. So maybe 3DS emulation will take off with efforts more like PPSSPP's (also very optimized) than DraStic's.

But, like with PSP emulation, there'll still need to be a lot of time to first learn everything and implement emulators on PC that simply work.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Exophase wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:And by fast, its prolly some server level pc unless another exophase exists that can create a code optimised enough to make it work.
I actually see 3DS as being a lot like PSP in terms of what sort of hardware it has. Except the GPU, that's probably significantly more capable, but that might not make a big difference if it's offloaded to a GPU in emulation. Investigation right now is heavily focused on HLE, like with PSP emulation. So maybe 3DS emulation will take off with efforts more like PPSSPP's (also very optimized) than DraStic's.

But, like with PSP emulation, there'll still need to be a lot of time to first learn everything and implement emulators on PC that simply work.
Some sort of compare it to the Wii, along with the fact that it could do more advanced shader effects as seen in Resident Evil Revelations.

And yes, they still have to poke into the waters first, like what you did when you initially wrote an interpreter to test things prior to using a dynarec.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:46 am

Jay Haru wrote:
theXavier wrote:Ok. First of all the title of this thread is The Easy Way Out? (Notice the question mark) this is just a suggestion and not a fact. It just sorta came to me went looking at fake emulators
Second. I'm not intellectually challenged. I'm a very smart, imaginative 13 year old boy who will enter another science contest this Friday.
Third. Pokemon X/Y isn't the reason. The reason is Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning...
Its just semantics to me.
In any case, you approached it on the wrong side and that's the reason i said you're intellectually challenged. Good that you're smart and imaginative and you're into science and not one of the pokelegion but also be advised that there is a reason why what you suggested has never happened.
Also, fake emus is not a best source of bright ideas, just sayin.
I suppose the next bright idea is an emulator to convert PS4 Isos to PSX isos and play on psx emu haha