Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass Mic Problem - Salvage Arm

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
aarmiman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass Mic Problem - Salvage Arm

Post by aarmiman » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Hello,

I am currently playing Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass using the DraStic DS emulator on my Nexus 4. (This is a fantastic emulator by the way, thank you!) I am at the part where I am getting the Salvage Arm from Eddo on Cannon Island.

To get it, you have to "shout like you mean it!" into the microphone, but no matter what I've tried, Eddo says "what was that? I didn't hear anything! NO SALE!" I've tried everything. After trying the device microphone and headset microphone, I tried pressing the microphone button on the pause menu and shouting, and after that didn't work, I even assigned "fake microphone input" to special button I and tried using that, but to no avail.

Previous microphone-related gameplay has worked - blowing out the candles, blowing on the windmills, and "calling out" to Astrid the fortune teller from across an in-game door, either by using the Nexus 4 microphone ( for Astrid) or a headset microphone (for blowing the candles/windmills).

One thing I noticed is that I think the emulator is processing microphone input, just not in the way the game requires. For example, when I was trying to use my attached headphones and Eddo says, "Ok, go!" and I begin shouting into the microphone, his dialogue box telling me he didn't hear anything comes back only after I cease shouting. Same goes for the fake microphone input; only after I stop touching the Special Button I does he say that it wasn't enough, no matter how long I hold it (held it for over a minute, he still said it wasn't enough.) So the game seems to be hearing me, just not the way it wants. I also tried saying "Salvage Arm!" and " I want the salvage arm!" loudly and quietly and it still fails. From this I reason that the game is hearing me, but just not in the way it requires.

If I could get any help with this it would be most appreciated! Thank you!

Jay Haru

Re: Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass Mic Problem - Salvage

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:58 pm

aarmiman wrote:Hello,

I am currently playing Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass using the DraStic DS emulator on my Nexus 4. (This is a fantastic emulator by the way, thank you!) I am at the part where I am getting the Salvage Arm from Eddo on Cannon Island.

To get it, you have to "shout like you mean it!" into the microphone, but no matter what I've tried, Eddo says "what was that? I didn't hear anything! NO SALE!" I've tried everything. After trying the device microphone and headset microphone, I tried pressing the microphone button on the pause menu and shouting, and after that didn't work, I even assigned "fake microphone input" to special button I and tried using that, but to no avail.

Previous microphone-related gameplay has worked - blowing out the candles, blowing on the windmills, and "calling out" to Astrid the fortune teller from across an in-game door, either by using the Nexus 4 microphone ( for Astrid) or a headset microphone (for blowing the candles/windmills).

One thing I noticed is that I think the emulator is processing microphone input, just not in the way the game requires. For example, when I was trying to use my attached headphones and Eddo says, "Ok, go!" and I begin shouting into the microphone, his dialogue box telling me he didn't hear anything comes back only after I cease shouting. Same goes for the fake microphone input; only after I stop touching the Special Button I does he say that it wasn't enough, no matter how long I hold it (held it for over a minute, he still said it wasn't enough.) So the game seems to be hearing me, just not the way it wants. I also tried saying "Salvage Arm!" and " I want the salvage arm!" loudly and quietly and it still fails. From this I reason that the game is hearing me, but just not in the way it requires.

can you up an in game save from where you are having an issue? also please check if youre using the eu or us version.
Behold my mighty

aarmiman

Post by aarmiman » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:45 pm

can you up an in game save from where you are having an issue? also please check if youre using the eu or us version.
does this mean uploading the rom after I do the in game save? (this would be a big file) or uploading a savestate? Sorry, I am relatively new to this.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:02 pm

aarmiman wrote:
does this mean uploading the rom after I do the in game save? (this would be a big file) or uploading a savestate? Sorry, I am relatively new to this.
no need for the rom. just an in game save. its stored in sdcard/drastic/backup. same name as your game but uses .dsv
Behold my mighty

aarmiman

Post by aarmiman » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
aarmiman wrote:
no need for the rom. just an in game save. its stored in sdcard/drastic/backup. same name as your game but uses .dsv
I have uploaded it onto dropbox. Here is the download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/301 ... ndent).dsv

danrocksteady

Post by danrocksteady » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:02 am

I'm having a similar problem as described in the above post. I am using a Kindle Fire to run DraStic which runs great except for it has no microphone. This can sometimes be worked around by inputting a set of headphones with a mic attached, but not in this instance. I have attached my save file, would someone please be kind enough to get the salvage arm for me then re-upload and post back?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmhn27lz31to1 ... M%5D_4.dss - Save State before Salvage arm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9gmq8fxz4h6i ... CoM%5D.dsv - Save File before Salvage arm

sm44wg

Post by sm44wg » Mon May 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Could someone who has passed this part upload a savefile? Or is it possible to change the noise the mic cheat uses to pass this part? While searching for a solution to this problem I came across another site that focuses on emulating on pc and on that software you could change the noise, didn't find a guide to do it in DraStic though :(

EDIT: OK I worked my way around it by playing through that part on my laptop. Got the savestate here (sorry for being poor) if someone wants it. Right after getting the arm. I've bought the bomb bag from the trader on the ship, smacked 100 hits to the "hero" to get a heart container, scored 2300 on the cannon game (didn't get bomb bag yet) I don't remember what gems I have, mostly the easy ones from beginning, haven't really been hunting them. Oh, and you'll be running around named Johnson.

Here it is: http://speedy.sh/2C8MY/Zelda-Phantom-Hourglass.dsv

VitorLunardi

Post by VitorLunardi » Wed May 28, 2014 2:57 pm

aarmiman wrote:Hello,

Hey guys!! I've just got it how to do it! Well, with me worked.

In the time to shout, you just have to open the menu, and activate the fake mic, when you do just one time, doesn't work, so i've tried a lot of times , repeating '' menu, fake mic '' '' menu, fake mic '', the faster as i can, and i got it!! I've bought for 300 Rupees.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Thu May 29, 2014 9:51 am

You can also map the 'fake mic' to a device button, or a special on-screen button in the virtual gamepad settings. You don't need to open the menu every time.

gab8263

Re: Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass Mic Problem - Salvage Arm

Post by gab8263 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:49 pm

Guys help I am in the part where I will shout just to get the salvage arm, I use my earphones but it says that it didn't hear it.
I'm using drastic also