Pokemon Platinum savestate freeze

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Kaera
Pokemon Platinum savestate freeze

Post by Kaera » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:22 am

Hello everyone! I encountered a problem while playing pokemon platinum on drastic the other day.

First of all I have been using only savestates to save my progress, havent even touched the ingame save.

After turning drastic off and back on again it shows a black screen with some pieces of terrains still visible, but I cannot move or do anything.
I have done several save files and when I tried to play those they were frozen as well (not black screen but frozen).

Is there any workaround for this problem? It really sucks since I was about to challenge final four :x

Jay Haru

Re: Pokemon Platinum savestate freeze

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:24 am

Kaera wrote:Hello everyone! I encountered a problem while playing pokemon platinum on drastic the other day.

First of all I have been using only savestates to save my progress, havent even touched the ingame save.

After turning drastic off and back on again it shows a black screen with some pieces of terrains still visible, but I cannot move or do anything.
I have done several save files and when I tried to play those they were frozen as well (not black screen but frozen).

Is there any workaround for this problem? It really sucks since I was about to challenge final four :x
try to update to the new version on google play. you might be suffering from Octoberfest.
Behold my mighty

Kaera

Post by Kaera » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:32 am

Oh thank god it worked, thank you very much ^^

87fresh

Post by 87fresh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Think you can help with my freeze issue. On Pokemon platinum the game freezes as soon as I receive the dowsing machine. I tried exiting and loading the savestate but it always freezes right after i receive the dowsing machine.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:57 pm

87fresh wrote:Think you can help with my freeze issue. On Pokemon platinum the game freezes as soon as I receive the dowsing machine. I tried exiting and loading the savestate but it always freezes right after i receive the dowsing machine.
can you tell us what version of the app are you using?
if you have cheats, turn it off as it may be the cause of the crashing.
also, have you tried to load from an ingame save?
Behold my mighty

87fresh

Post by 87fresh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:01 pm

i am using the latest version (r2.2.0.2a), I never use cheats (no challenge with them on), and I did not know DraStic supported in game saves, I have saved in the game but when I just load the rom I am only given the option to start a new game.

BTW thanks for the quick response, the issue may be with my rom, ill try a new one. I see the OP past the point where i am freezing (about to challenge the elite four)

plasticspork

Post by plasticspork » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:36 pm

I am also having a Platinum freeze issue. I use in game saves. I am using version 2.2.0.2a. I have encountered the issues with and without any cheats activated. I have disabled cheats globally and still encounter the problem. I have even restarted a few times and still encounter the freeze. It's a random freeze. Nothing specific, from what I can tell, triggers it. It has frozen when searching through the bag, when changing moveset order, when talking to someone, and once or twice when encountering wild Pokemon. I've started a habit of saving just about anytime I open my menu because sure enough it will freeze. I'd say on average 5-10 minutes of playtime before a freeze happens. At first I would simply quit the game from the menu and try and reload, at which point the emulator would turn white and not load or even close. It seemed to disable my home key, the menu and back key. I would have to restart my phone to get the emulator to run. Now, if it freezes, I close the app and restart and I'm able to play fine for another 5-10 minutes. I've searched and most freeze issues seem to come from cheats or having sound disabled. My sound is enabled, I even tried disabling, waiting for the freeze, and enabling to no avail. Any ideas or more information needed?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:46 am

plasticspork wrote:I am also having a Platinum freeze issue. I use in game saves. I am using version 2.2.0.2a. I have encountered the issues with and without any cheats activated. I have disabled cheats globally and still encounter the problem. I have even restarted a few times and still encounter the freeze. It's a random freeze. Nothing specific, from what I can tell, triggers it. It has frozen when searching through the bag, when changing moveset order, when talking to someone, and once or twice when encountering wild Pokemon. I've started a habit of saving just about anytime I open my menu because sure enough it will freeze. I'd say on average 5-10 minutes of playtime before a freeze happens. At first I would simply quit the game from the menu and try and reload, at which point the emulator would turn white and not load or even close. It seemed to disable my home key, the menu and back key. I would have to restart my phone to get the emulator to run. Now, if it freezes, I close the app and restart and I'm able to play fine for another 5-10 minutes. I've searched and most freeze issues seem to come from cheats or having sound disabled. My sound is enabled, I even tried disabling, waiting for the freeze, and enabling to no avail. Any ideas or more information needed?
imma check with the devs about this. seems its an issue with codes .
Behold my mighty

plasticspork

Post by plasticspork » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 pm

I even read on one of these posts that disabling frame skip sometimes helped. I tried that and was able to play for significantly longer, maybe 20 minutes, and then froze again upon encountering a trainer. If this helps find a solution or cause of issue.

87fresh

Post by 87fresh » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Tried another rom, works perfectly. Other than that one problem, I never had any others on any of the games I played on drastic.