Suggestion: Support for taller screens (through official Android documentations)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
link6155
Suggestion: Support for taller screens (through official Android documentations)

Post by link6155 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:41 am

I've noticed that Drastic doesn't scale correctly with my Pixel 2 XL screen, leaving a black gap at the bottom of the app. I think the S8 does some things to get the app to fill the empty space, but it's not officially a part of AOSP. It's pretty simple to implement as far as I can see and I do hope that it will be soon. Although I do see the last update for the emulator was back in August..

SSUPII

Re: Suggestion: Support for taller screens (through official Android documentations)

Post by SSUPII » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 am

All the screen is already filled up with a black background. In fact, there is a custom background function where you can use an image from your device to remove that black space
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

xperia64

Re: Suggestion: Support for taller screens (through official Android documentations)

Post by xperia64 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:56 pm

I'll see about adding it. Kind of annoyed they did that. Devices have existed before with non-16:9 screens so I don't see why they've added something special for 18:9 devices.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Yep, this will be in the next build. The main menu is a little stretched, but it doesn't affect gameplay or the file browser.
Spoiler!
As shown in the screenshot above, this works quite nicely since all the controls can be off of the screens.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:45 pm

and would eventually lead to carpal tunnel since the buttons are squeezed to tiny black screen space.

seriously, the heck with the new standard screen size. they should come up with foldable seamless screens already
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Jay Haru wrote:and would eventually lead to carpal tunnel since the buttons are squeezed to tiny black screen space.

seriously, the heck with the new standard screen size. they should come up with foldable seamless screens already
Because 16:9 isn't cutting it for them and they're too egoistic not to try an ultra-widescreen phone?

link6155

Post by link6155 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:20 pm

Movies and some shows use a wider aspect ratio so having an 18:9 does benefit there. I don't really mind the issue not being fix, it's just something I've noticed and thought I would just bring it up.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:28 pm

link6155 wrote:Movies and some shows use a wider aspect ratio so having an 18:9 does benefit there. I don't really mind the issue not being fix, it's just something I've noticed and thought I would just bring it up.
well, looks like it would be included anyways. in ay case, hopefully the new 'standard' screen size would stick for a longer time. would hate if every phone maker makes their unique one (remember the LG vu with iirc a 4:3 screen?)
Behold my mighty