It seems that there is no development? (No New Releases)

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
JailbreakJunk
It seems that there is no development? (No New Releases)

Post by JailbreakJunk » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:42 am

I'm a proud owner of wonderful Drastic but it seems that the development of updates is not there anymore?

Is Drastic still in development for new updates??

Thank you!

Exophase

Re: It seems that there is no development? (No New Releases)

Post by Exophase » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:26 pm

I want to do updates and have some things planned, but the truth is, Lordus is unavailable right now, and there are some issues that make it difficult for me to move on with Android releases without him. I'm still waiting to see what his situation will be, but if I have to move on without him it could take some months until I'll be able to do so. Unfortunately I don't have too much time available either (am working full time elsewhere and have other real life stuff) so it's challenging to try to take on a sudden big unexpected workload with DraStic.

If it looks like there will be long term issues with development/maintenance I may end up no longer charging for the emulator. It's still too early to say what will happen. I'll keep developments posted here.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Please consider removing untying it from Google Play when it happens. It would make far easier to run on unsuported devices, and independent from DRM stuff.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Or do a Patreon or something, if you do indeed intend to no longer charge for it. I'd hate to see this degenerate to an ad-supportec freeware if you ask me.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:33 am

Exophase wrote:I want to do updates and have some things planned, but the truth is, Lordus is unavailable right now, and there are some issues that make it difficult for me to move on with Android releases without him. I'm still waiting to see what his situation will be, but if I have to move on without him it could take some months until I'll be able to do so. Unfortunately I don't have too much time available either (am working full time elsewhere and have other real life stuff) so it's challenging to try to take on a sudden big unexpected workload with DraStic.

If it looks like there will be long term issues with development/maintenance I may end up no longer charging for the emulator. It's still too early to say what will happen. I'll keep developments posted here.
Lordus had been MIA for a long time... the few times I tried to chat him up was a bust. wonder what happened... :/
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:38 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Exophase wrote:I want to do updates and have some things planned, but the truth is, Lordus is unavailable right now, and there are some issues that make it difficult for me to move on with Android releases without him. I'm still waiting to see what his situation will be, but if I have to move on without him it could take some months until I'll be able to do so. Unfortunately I don't have too much time available either (am working full time elsewhere and have other real life stuff) so it's challenging to try to take on a sudden big unexpected workload with DraStic.

Lordus had been MIA for a long time... the few times I tried to chat him up was a bust. wonder what happened... :/
Which is quite a shame. Not unless someone talented steps in and volunteers to continue on where the project left off. Then again, people have other commitments anyway, so I do understand if Lordus went off the grid for any reason.

AshKetchum

Post by AshKetchum » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:15 am

I am also a proud acquirer of Drastic, I came to the official forum to look for good news about new updates to the program but it seems that things have not worked very well, English is not the official language of my country but from what I could understand it seems That one of the developers gave up the project, is it?

But does not the program pay enough to recruit a new developer? The application is almost perfect in my opinion, sinning only by the lack of a multiplayer (be it online or local), and by not offering an option in the cheats for those who play Pokémon evolve their monsters that need to evolve by trade without having to trade them , I believe in the truth that this thought, that to be perfect the application would only need these 2 implementations, be general.

By taking a look at the PlayStore from my country (Brazil) I can see that a lot of people have bought the app lately, and basically the last 8 acquirers I looked at said they just would not give the 5 stars for lack of the 2 resources mentioned above. I know that Portuguese It's a hard language to translate, but you would check it eventually.

I do not know how much your return is with the emulator, but I do an appeal, and I believe that I'm speaking for many others: please come back to develop it and update it. :c

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:12 am

no one gave up, its just real life caught up with them.

Also, there is a cheat editor. are poketards so goddamn lazy now they can't even bother to look for a cheat and copy paste it?

Yes people paid for the app but there is already info about what it does and its current standing before people purchased it. The ability to play ds games without much overhead (expensive device) was already worth the price when it launched.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:48 pm

There isn't any official word on Lordus's situation with the app, it's best to just give it some more time for now.

I also want to make it clear, he's not an employee I pay, we're partners who share income and the Android version of DraStic has always been something that happens because both of us were dedicated to it. There are big issues with going and finding someone else to try to replace him, especially without his consent.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Exophase wrote:There isn't any official word on Lordus's situation with the app, it's best to just give it some more time for now.

I also want to make it clear, he's not an employee I pay, we're partners who share income and the Android version of DraStic has always been something that happens because both of us were dedicated to it. There are big issues with going and finding someone else to try to replace him, especially without his consent.
One would be a very pissed off mod if Lordus gets replaced without his permission. Might be trivial for some and one would argue that it does not matter as I do not contribute to the development anyways but I consider Lordus (and Exo as well, though I am not sure if I am to them) a good friend and I treasure the few that I have .
Behold my mighty