Certain games crash for some reason...

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
CrimsonFragger
Certain games crash for some reason...

Post by CrimsonFragger » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Alright, where do I start? I have a goclever r70 tablet, pretty crap I know but it runs drastic pretty well surpisingly, and Ive only recently had this problem where whenever I open certain games like pokemon black, black 2 and blaze black (Heart gold and Platinum work fine, for now...) It sends me back to the home screen so I thought it was the settings so I go in advanced turn on enable to uncompress to file and BOOM! Instant crash and I have to restart the app. The thing is I've had this twice and the first time was simply solved by uninstalling and re-installing the app, now I've tried to clear the app cache and everything and nothing. So help would be great thanks in advance.

Jay Haru

Re: Certain games crash for some reason...

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:02 pm

well, its a bare minimum device. the thing is that its ram is only 512 and youre trying to use a feature on a ROM that when extracted and temporarily stored on RAM before saving it on your storage is 512 MB as well.

basically, android hates no ram and since there is not enough, it crashes the app. try just decompressing it normally (that is, dont use drastic to do it for you) and it should work just fine.
Behold my mighty