Drastic virtual controls stop responding.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Kwijibo
Drastic virtual controls stop responding.

Post by Kwijibo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:32 pm

I´ve noticed that with certain games, Contra 4 and Resident Evil, for example, the virtual controls stop working sporadically It´s like the freeze for a moment although the game it´s running normally while that happens,
this doesn´t happen with the touch screen as it always responds well, so i don´t think it´s because of performance issues. Also i´ve noticed that when that happens
the buttons on my phone also stop working for a moment.

I would like to know if there is a solution for this issue. Thanks

Exophase

Re: Drastic virtual controls stop responding.

Post by Exophase » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:32 pm

What phone is this? There might be some third party/OEM software or setting that's causing this to happen.

If you try setting frame rate to manual and setting it to a high value, or turning off high resolution rendering, or using threaded 3D does it help? It could be that touchscreen processing is being squeezed out because of the emulator taking too much CPU time, and this might alleviate that enough to see a difference.

Kwijibo

Post by Kwijibo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:32 am

My phone is a dogee X6 pro. I tried to change the video configuration (I changed frameskip from 4 to 9) and I think the issue happens less times, but it still happens ocassionally, specially playing contra 4, which is not a 3d game. I also think that rebooting the app helps sometimes,
However the issue doesn´t go away entirely. How can I change the framerate? I don´t see any option to do it.

Thanks a lot for your response.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Just wondering, do the controls still stop responding if you're using a Bluetooth controller instead of the touchscreen?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Kwijibo

Post by Kwijibo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:22 am

I don,t have a bluetooth controller so i don´t know, but thanks for the suggestion.
I disabled frameskip and it seems to have further reduce the chance of the issue happening and when it happens the unresponsiveness sims to last for a shorter time.