Online on Emulator

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Jasperlinoo12
Online on Emulator

Post by Jasperlinoo12 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:44 pm

I want to play with friends, i heard you CAN play with friends on the emulator. (Its for Pokemon Diamond) Is this still available?

Jay Haru

Re: Online on Emulator

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Jasperlinoo12 wrote:I want to play with friends, i heard you CAN play with friends on the emulator. (Its for Pokemon Diamond) Is this still available?
Well, you heard wrong.
Behold my mighty

Wolfseverest93

Post by Wolfseverest93 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Wrong emulator. You probably heard that about DesMuMe (a computer variant of the ds emulators out there), but even that is highly unstable and was only accidentally implemented.
"I don't know everything, I just know what I know."
~ Tsubasa, Hanekawa (Bakemonogatari)

Kostas Gangstar

Post by Kostas Gangstar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

is wifi still working with desmume?

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:40 am

Kostas Gangstar wrote:is wifi still working with desmume?
As far as official versions are concerned, no. They expressed no plans to add wifi support due to legal pressure from Nintendo, not to mention that most online services for the DS have been shut down anyway.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:09 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:They expressed no plans to add wifi support due to legal pressure from Nintendo, not to mention that most online services for the DS have been shut down anyway.
Would there be any legal pressure from Nintendo now? They haven't done anything with the DS system in years, so I'd guess not.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:54 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:They expressed no plans to add wifi support due to legal pressure from Nintendo, not to mention that most online services for the DS have been shut down anyway.
Would there be any legal pressure from Nintendo now? They haven't done anything with the DS system in years, so I'd guess not.
Maybe, though the Desmume team seems firm at not implementing wifi support, much to the dismay of many Pokemon fans.