GBA slot.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
tingo1996
GBA slot.

Post by tingo1996 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:21 pm

First of all, I kinda know how the gba slot works. You put the gba file in the slot2 folder. It worked before but not all the time. So I want to ask:
What should I name the gba file slot2, slot2_gamepak, or just the name of the nds file?
What are the main reasons to make it not working?

TkSilver

Re: GBA slot.

Post by TkSilver » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:40 pm

slot2.gba and slot2.sav is one option
But it also means you have to swap out the gba game and save file if you want to use any other slot2 bonus on any other game.

Or...

You can use [Exact same name as nds rom including capitalization/spaces/and special characters].nds and [Exact same name as nds rom including capitalization/spaces/and special characters].sav
But it is much much easier to mess it up and it not work.

The main reason it does not work is either
Slot2.gba
slot 2.gba
Or anyother not quite named exactly right .gba/.sav file, especially if the name is the same as the nds rom (those get entered wrong a lot...).

Skolvuk

Post by Skolvuk » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:08 pm

I am having the same problem. I copy and paste the GBA ROM and the .sav file directly into DraStic's slot2 folder. I don't have to bother with renaming because the files come directly from the folder that my GBA emulator reads. I load the DS game of choice and find that it didn't work. I have done extensive research and applied all my tech knowledge, and I still can't make it work. Any help? I want to use Pal Park on Pokemon Diamond.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:07 am

Skolvuk wrote:I am having the same problem. I copy and paste the GBA ROM and the .sav file directly into DraStic's slot2 folder. I don't have to bother with renaming because the files come directly from the folder that my GBA emulator reads. I load the DS game of choice and find that it didn't work. I have done extensive research and applied all my tech knowledge, and I still can't make it work. Any help? I want to use Pal Park on Pokemon Diamond.
Has the GBA ROM been renamed to be the same as the DS ROM (except for the extension), or slot2.gba? The .sav file has to be named accordingly as well.

Skolvuk

Post by Skolvuk » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Thank you. I had attempted slot2.gba before to no avail. I hadn't previously thought of changing the name to the game I was aiming to migrate to. That actually seems to work. Of course, the reason it didn't work may have to with the myriad of glitches I found in my DraStic install. Uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have fixed many of these glitches.