Issues with certain roms on cyanogenmod

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Nazox9
Issues with certain roms on cyanogenmod

Post by Nazox9 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:31 pm

I searched for this, but only found old topics from years ago. I'll try to be as detailed as possible here.

The first ROM I loaded in drastic was Pokémon black 2. It worked perfectly fine on my nexus 5. After a short time I decided to go back and play some of the older games. I played through soul silver, platinum, and black version all with no issues. When I downloaded black 2 again to try to play it kept returning to the main drastic screen. I searched for what I was experiencing and found several setting tweaks but none of them would let me play black 2 or white 2. Since I knew it worked previously on this phone I tried different downloads and they all did the same thing. I thought about what changed and so I went back to the stock OS since I was now using CM 13. Everything worked great. Now at the beginning of the week I found a stable release of CM 14 and decides to test it. I'm now seeing the same thing.

I have no problem going back to stock, but was curious if anyone else had similar experiences or a work around.

Thanks.

Exophase

Re: Issues with certain roms on cyanogenmod

Post by Exophase » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:30 pm

It's possible that on your custom ROM there is not enough address space available for these games, since they take up over 400MB. We're considering some workarounds to support this. It might be helpful if we could get some test output from you (on the device where it doesn't work). I'll post here again with instructions if you're interested, and can run adb commands.

beansta

Post by beansta » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:33 pm

I know this topic is 2 months old. However, to get around this you will need to find a patched version of black 2/white 2 with all of its data compressed. The ROM only takes up ~286MB rather than 512MB.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:17 pm

Actualy not compressed, just trimmed of it's empty info since cartridge sizes are fixed. You can do it to your collection with a wide range of tools, just search for "ds rom trimmer" or something.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Fefo wrote:Actualy not compressed, just trimmed of it's empty info since cartridge sizes are fixed. You can do it to your collection with a wide range of tools, just search for "ds rom trimmer" or something.
The auto-trim option in the emulator should have the same effect too, assuming that no one messed with the game's header.

DSCynogenmodMan

Post by DSCynogenmodMan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:07 am

Exophase wrote:It's possible that on your custom ROM there is not enough address space available for these games, since they take up over 400MB.
Found another 512mb game with the same syndrome: Eigo de Tabisuru - Little Charo

Samsung Galaxy S4 CM13 - 6.0.1: Does not load
Xperia Play - 5.1.1: Works
Archos Gamepad 2 - 4.2: Works

Is there a way to brutally modify my OS or maybe some Xposed module to fix this addressing error in CM13?.