Is The 6 bucks for drastic worth it?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Vegito72
Is The 6 bucks for drastic worth it?

Post by Vegito72 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Is drastic worth the 6 bucks? I mean like i could take that money and support 4j or mojang or the person that made myboy or ppsspp
also if you use a cracked version its just paid without the options
and why can't the free version be like the paid version but without the time limit and excluding some features, like it could be like myboy and not let you have save states or limit you to only having 2x the fast forward speed or limiting you to have only 3-5 cheats active at once

I guess the price is to keep away the people that don't have a ds or dsi to stop them from pirating games
and the only people that would pay the 6 bucks would be people that own a ds/dsi and want to back up chrono trigger because its less expensive to buy drastic than an r4/r4I

but i feel like i don't have the money to waste on an app I'm gonna uninstall in 3-5 hours after installing it because i got fed up with touch controlls and decided to just play pokemon black 2 on my dsi

Exophase

Re: Is The 6 bucks for drastic worth it?

Post by Exophase » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:07 pm

If you don't want to use it for more than 3-5 hours because of the touch controls then IMO no it isn't worth it, but obviously no one can answer that but you.

The "free version" is just a demo to see if it even works on your device, that is its only purpose. Most other apps that have "lite" versions don't cost money but also include ads in addition to lacking some features. We didn't want to do this.

But there might be a price reduction soon.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:53 am

Vegito72 wrote:Is drastic worth the 6 bucks? I mean like i could take that money and support 4j or mojang or the person that made myboy or ppsspp
and why can't the free version be like the paid version but without the time limit and excluding some features, like it could be like myboy and not let you have save states or limit you to only having 2x the fast forward speed or limiting you to have only 3-5 cheats active at once

I guess the price is to keep away the people that don't have a ds or dsi to stop them from pirating games
and the only people that would pay the 6 bucks would be people that own a ds/dsi and want to back up chrono trigger because its less expensive to buy drastic than an r4/r4I

but i feel like i don't have the money to waste on an app I'm gonna uninstall in 3-5 hours after installing it because i got fed up with touch controlls and decided to just play pokemon black 2 on my dsi
so tell me again why you are here?

sarcasm aside (if you did not notice), every person has a different reason why they think a purchase is worth it or not and i respect that. its fine to have an opinion and all but if you will just rub it like a holier than thou person thinking you know how the world works, I would consider you a... something that would prolly make exo angry... just imagine the worst insult you can give yourself and multiply it by a factor of a googolplex.

what i am saying here is if you wanna complain about the price, then fine but dont speak/post like you represent popular opinion.
Behold my mighty

Comput3rus3r

Post by Comput3rus3r » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:24 pm

Vegito72 wrote:Is drastic worth the 6 bucks? I mean like i could take that money and support 4j or mojang or the person that made myboy or ppsspp

This app is worth more than 6 bucks. And I own a dsi xl and an r4i gold 2016 flash card.
But I still like using my galaxy tab s to play my ds library.

Diathedia

Post by Diathedia » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:15 am

It's only worth it if your phone can play it imo

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:45 am

Diathedia wrote:It's only worth it if your phone can play it imo
Most phones can run DraStic full speed. I once had a Jellybean phone that ran DraStic quite well.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:08 am

Normally I'd go for open-source e.g. nds4droid, but since there hasn't been any much progress on optimising that for mobile devices, I basically had no choice but to try this thing out, and yes, I can attest that it's worth the six bucks. At least it ain't like those nds4droid copycats/forks which offer relatively nothing to the table other than forced ads or worse.

numotiv

Post by numotiv » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:44 pm

It sure is. I originally was trying to get retroarch to work. (Desmume core) It was slow and painful. I found drastic in the play store and tried out the demo. Night and day. 100% speed, good functionality. Controller support. IMO its more than worth $6. Also if you are a cheap scape get google rewards and start doing surveys. You'll have $6 in no time.

Vegito72

Post by Vegito72 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Diathedia wrote:It's only worth it if your phone can play it imo
But I have a kindle
Screenshot_2016-12-15-20-49-52.png
Screenshot_2016-12-15-20-49-52.png (818.73KiB)Viewed 16763 times

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:55 am

The price was always inexpensive, even with the older value (U$8?) and a weak currency. If you can't be bothered to buy it I doubt that's because of money. The only hurdles are being able to buy it (no credit/gift cards, don't want to use your card on the store), DRM and eventual lack of support, I think.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH