3ds ?

Post whatever!
juju007007
3ds ?

Post by juju007007 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Just wanna know if you think that Drastic is strong enough to run at full speed on a 3DS.

Exophase

Re: 3ds ?

Post by Exophase » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:38 pm

I doubt it. Assuming we're talking about New 3DS, it's still pretty low end and lacks the NEON instruction set. From what I hear more than two cores can't be effectively utilized either, although I don't know that for sure.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 pm

If you are talking about running DraStic on a 3DS then no not even the new 3DS is powerful enough to run a non optomized emulator of the previous system.

If you are talking about running 3DS games in DraStic (on android) then no most if not probably all android devices currently are not powerful enough to handle 3DS games not to mention less is known about the 3DS right now and it is a current system.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:10 am

TkSilver wrote:If you are talking about running DraStic on a 3DS then no not even the new 3DS is powerful enough to run a non optomized emulator of the previous system.

If you are talking about running 3DS games in DraStic (on android) then no most if not probably all android devices currently are not powerful enough to handle 3DS games not to mention less is known about the 3DS right now and it is a current system.
Considering Nintendo's habit of using underpowered hardware (though there have been a number of notable exceptions of course), it's doubtful that the DS can be emulated well on the 3DS.

Actually there has been great strides with Citra lately, but even then the latter's still not ready for prime time yet, let alone a mobile port.