Harvest Moon:Seeds of Memories

Post whatever!
Jay Haru
Harvest Moon:Seeds of Memories

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 pm

So I just discovered that Natsume released this app and this is just a short review:

As many folks here may or may not know, I am a fan of Harvest Moon games. I played the games either thru what console i can afford or thru an emulator and this is the first one specific for android devices tho it was available to iOS(uck) earlier.

Oddly enough it was not localised by either the usual Marvelous or Xseed. it was some company called talbot i think but it looks good and theres achievements too.

The character designs are quite different as its not chibi but still quite charming. i have yet to meet all characters it seemed but it still follows the formula like the flower girl, the researcher, the barkeep. havent seen a mayor or a doctor or a librarian tho but maybe im not lookin hard enough. the harvest goddess looks like a bit ditzy and theres supposed to be a harvest god (prolly for the chick character). the sprites make a comeback but i dunno if theyre just lazy bums or if they would help you like the ones on the gba (i think).

the town is a bit small than the usual but still follows the usual setup you can find in any HM game. theres a witch to replace the tv and a warlock/sorcerer that gives tips i guess. theres a bar, a flower shop, a resto and animal seller. theres what i think a place where you can purchase home renovation but havent done that yet. theres a hot spring if youre cheap like me and dont wanna use food to recover stamina.

gameplay is easy enough as it is optimnised for touch, more so than what is on the DS. it was quite fun as the app is smart enough to use what tool you need for the task you wanted like if you select a stump/tree you use an ax automatically. as per the norm, theres character interactions and seems like theres relationship goals as well. holidays are also there as well as a weather system so plan ahead. you can either farm, fish, scavenge, mine or raise animals as source of income so you wont get stuck t just one specific task. you can also cook by the looks of it. seems you also can get a pet cad and dog but havent figured that. the horse you had to buy tho.

lastly, the avatar you get. he looks like the same guy but this time you get a heart meter ala zelda to show your stamina. dunno if you can increase it but yeah.

all in all, it looks like a HM game but a bit refreshing.
Behold my mighty

kaikun97

Re: Harvest Moon:Seeds of Memories

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:12 am

Unfortunately its ridiculously priced just like every Square Enix game on Android. I'm not paying £8.99 for a mobile game haha

I wish there was a Rune Factory game on Android though, I have Rune Factory 4 on my 3DS and its awesome (Rune Factory 3 on the DS was great as well)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:51 am

kaikun97 wrote:Unfortunately its ridiculously priced just like every Square Enix game on Android. I'm not paying £8.99 for a mobile game haha

I wish there was a Rune Factory game on Android though, I have Rune Factory 4 on my 3DS and its awesome (Rune Factory 3 on the DS was great as well)
well, its technically a full game without ads and its also not a shitty fetch quest like any dollar app you buy so i guess i see it differently. but then again i did say im a fan so it might also be my bias. does it get repetitive, yes but there is actually so much to do that a day wont be enough to do it all. i consider it a strategy game as it allows you to manage your farm as well as your daily tasks (although my tactic is basically mine the hell out and get funds to upgrade all i can)

i would also like a rune factory game but i do hope its similar to the ds as well as it being touch optimised.
Behold my mighty

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:56 am

Jay Haru wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:Unfortunately its ridiculously priced just like every Square Enix game on Android. I'm not paying £8.99 for a mobile game haha

well, its technically a full game without ads and its also not a shitty fetch quest like any dollar app you buy so i guess i see it differently. but then again i did say im a fan so it might also be my bias. does it get repetitive, yes but there is actually so much to do that a day wont be enough to do it all. i consider it a strategy game as it allows you to manage your farm as well as your daily tasks (although my tactic is basically mine the hell out and get funds to upgrade all i can)

i would also like a rune factory game but i do hope its similar to the ds as well as it being touch optimised.
Well I have always been more a fan of the Rune Factory series since I like the Anime and RPG element to it but Harvest moon still has some stuff from it that I like so I would play it, its just that its too expensive for me to want to buy it. I only like to buy more expensive games on Game consoles like my 3DS anyway. and yeah its also strategy, especially with needing to get higher level crops so you can sell them for more, I am trying to do that on Rune factory 4, apparently the fertiliser bin helps

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:08 am

kaikun97 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:

Well I have always been more a fan of the Rune Factory series since I like the Anime and RPG element to it but Harvest moon still has some stuff from it that I like so I would play it, its just that its too expensive for me to want to buy it. I only like to buy more expensive games on Game consoles like my 3DS anyway. and yeah its also strategy, especially with needing to get higher level crops so you can sell them for more, I am trying to do that on Rune factory 4, apparently the fertiliser bin helps
surprisingly the game also has a fertilizer thingy. it comes from your animals waste and is called compost. also a seed has the tendency to provide prolly 2-3 outcome. i got an onion, great onion and a chive out of the onion seeds i planted so its cool
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Yeah, business models for mobile titles are a rather touchy subject. It's either a free or deeply discounted freemium which leads to APKs on shady sites that came pre-hacked with unlimited credits and whatnot, or a ten-dollar full game.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:55 am

huckleberrypie wrote:

Yeah, business models for mobile titles are a rather touchy subject. It's either a free or deeply discounted freemium which leads to APKs on shady sites that came pre-hacked with unlimited credits and whatnot, or a ten-dollar full game.
Its still perfectly viable to charge £4 to £5 for a full game and still make a decent profit, Sqaure Enix are just exploiting the fact many people will be prepared to pay that amount for a game, and then in return they provide absolutely terrible customer support, plus their games have horrid compatability and are coded to not work on rooted devices on purpose (there are no IAPs usually so why bother with that? You can dump APKs from installations without root anyway if its about that). I wouldn't mind paying more but when these larger companies don't really provide any support at all and generally don't really try hard enough to provide a good user experience, it then makes the price unjustified.

JeaneMaggie

Post by JeaneMaggie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:14 pm

kaikun97 wrote:I wouldn't mind paying more but when these larger companies don't really provide any support at all and generally don't really try hard enough to provide a good user experience, it then makes the price unjustified.
Let's all go look at the past history of TWEWY on smart phones, shall we?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:00 pm

JeaneMaggie wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:I wouldn't mind paying more but when these larger companies don't really provide any support at all and generally don't really try hard enough to provide a good user experience, it then makes the price unjustified.
Let's all go look at the past history of TWEWY on smart phones, shall we?
What do you mean?

Also it took ages for Square Enix to update that game to support Android Marshmallow. £12.99 is an awful lot to pay for a mobile game so you would expect good and quick support. I just don't feel like paying a lot for a game where customer support is virtually non-existent and updates are slow to come if something breaks or is buggy.

JeaneMaggie

Post by JeaneMaggie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:35 pm

kaikun97 wrote:I just don't feel like paying a lot for a game where customer support is virtually non-existent and updates are slow to come if something breaks or is buggy.
That's what I meant. TWEWY was super buggy at first. That app didn't even work on iphones until a remixed version was released with a fix. The android version was fixed quickly though. Around the time being, the game was around $30 USD and quite a few people couldn't get a refund apparently.

To this day, I see posts of those who downloaded the old version and can't get the new version to work because of downloading the old one.