Pokemon GO beta testing FINALLY comes to US!!!

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Re: Pokemon GO beta testing FINALLY comes to US!!!

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Kyousuke753 wrote:LOL Pokemon GO works on my phone but I hardly play it because I have to walk outside.
Hey I haven't heard from you in forever! How've you been doing?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Not much besides my dreadful part-time job, I've been gaming hardcore for 1 month straight lol. sucks you can't play PKMN GO tbh I really liked it when I first installed it on my phone, but having to step outside of my house is a no no.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Kyousuke753 wrote:Not much besides my dreadful part-time job, I've been gaming hardcore for 1 month straight lol. sucks you can't play PKMN GO tbh I really liked it when I first installed it on my phone, but having to step outside of my house is a no no.

Behold my mighty

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:38 pm

aww, thank you, Jay, I can't I'm addicted to this game called Robocraft.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Kyousuke753 wrote:Not much besides my dreadful part-time job, I've been gaming hardcore for 1 month straight lol. sucks you can't play PKMN GO tbh I really liked it when I first installed it on my phone, but having to step outside of my house is a no no.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 am

Seriously though, would this cause a decline on Drastic sales, given that people would find it more convenient to download GO instead of going through the trouble of sideloading a ROM along with a (legally purchased) copy of the emulator?

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:55 am

huckleberrypie wrote:Seriously though, would this cause a decline on Drastic sales, given that people would find it more convenient to download GO instead of going through the trouble of sideloading a ROM along with a (legally purchased) copy of the emulator?
If this game was anything like a real pokemon game then it might have, but it's nothing like a real pokemon game. It could revive intrest in pokemon for some and actually drive sales of gba/gb and nintendo DS emulators as fans wish for a more full pokemon experience.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:17 pm

TkSilver wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:Seriously though, would this cause a decline on Drastic sales, given that people would find it more convenient to download GO instead of going through the trouble of sideloading a ROM along with a (legally purchased) copy of the emulator?
If this game was anything like a real pokemon game then it might have, but it's nothing like a real pokemon game. It could revive intrest in pokemon for some and actually drive sales of gba/gb and nintendo DS emulators as fans wish for a more full pokemon experience.
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't have anticipated it but we've seen a surge in sales lately that probably has something to do with Pokemon Go.

I imagine people talking about Go have bemoaned the lack of a real Pokemon game for their phones like you say and have gotten direct recommendations to use emulators as a result.